Home tables 5ft 6ft etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home tables 5ft 6ft etc

Hi since space is an issue in my house I was thinking of a small foldaway table to practice some basic techniques on and also my son's not far off the age where I'm sure he'd get more benefit out it than me.

Anyway could someone please give me some advice or point me in the direction of a good quality foldaway table. I assume like the cue's offered in argos the tables are not the best quality.

I've seen this on fcsnooker:

http://www.fcsnooker.co.uk/fcsnooker..._five_foot.htm

Will the pockets on any 5ft/6ft tables take full size balls?
    Obviously quite tight which might be good for practicing cueing mainly, I mean I wouldn't play a frame on a small table with full size balls.

Thanks

i have a 5ft snooker table at home and i really don't think that you can have any benefit for your game when after that you play on a 12ft table cause the balls are smaller, cue also and no, the regular sized balls won't go through that pockets but still, it's just great fun and that's it and that's fine with me
    i also think that your game on a real table can just get worse cause the table is so small and you adjust your sighting to that and believe me, when i played on a tournament a week ago...my game was terrible, absolutely terrible so, my advice is, stick to the real thing!
    ...cue is our weapon, and we know how to kill...

Comment

Originally Posted by Vex 147 View Post
      i have a 5ft snooker table at home and i really don't think that you can have any benefit for your game when after that you play on a 12ft table cause the balls are smaller, cue also and no, the regular sized balls won't go through that pockets but still, it's just great fun and that's it and that's fine with me
      i also think that your game on a real table can just get worse cause the table is so small and you adjust your sighting to that and believe me, when i played on a tournament a week ago...my game was terrible, absolutely terrible so, my advice is, stick to the real thing!
      The 5ft table I posted comes with 48mm balls, standard balls are around
      52mm is that right?

I thought the pockets on some of these home tables would be generous enough to squeeze in an extra 4mm.

My plan wouldn't be to play frames on it to be honest well maybe the occasional 1 if friends were round. I thought it might be possible to use the table to work on the basics of cue action which I already do at home anyway using the bottle technique. Even over a few feet it would still be nice to know my grip and backswing is working properly away from the match table.

I also thought there might be some value in setting up simple 1/4 and 1/2 ball pots over the length of the table ie 5ft which isnt far off the area thats important when playing around the black spot using these pots.

Maybe its just a worthless thought but I'm sure theres at least one person on this forum that has at least thought about this at some point?

As for the cue well I've already thought about that one too, I have a welsh black from welsh pool trading and it comes with the female air lock joints I'll just whack my mini butt on to the shaft and there you go playing with my own cue and everything haha.

Seriously though at which point do you go see the doctor when you realise snooker has taken over your life?

Comment

Originally Posted by dpdubai View Post
        Seriously though at which point do you go see the doctor when you realise snooker has taken over your life?
        Somewhere approaching this point
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ez6aWx7ETU

Yes I bought a 3 foot pool table for my kitchen at uni

Note thats the mini cue that came with the table. Someone from the forum was insisting I should bend my bridge arm more (you know who you are Nam ) so I took that vid using a stupidly short cue to see if he liked how much I bent my arm then

OK admittedly its not going to help your potting, but I do think it helped me work on my cue action just playing straight shots with the (admittedly tiny) balls, and my own cue. Don't think it did me any harm as Nic Barrow said I did a good job of coaching myself.

Theres no substitute for time on a real table though. And I don't believe a smaller table will help with your potting, but personally I think if you just concentrate on cue action, you can improve your game at home (and waste time while your waiting for the kettle to boil )

And don't forget its fun too!
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Nice screw shot

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Nice screw shot
            Not bad when the Cue comes up to your knee
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Working...
            X