1980 World Championship Billiard Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 World Championship Billiard Table

I was looking to find out any information about my billiard table but cannot find anything on the web.

The table is a Karnham and Hillman (Buckingham) it was made for the 1980 World Billiards Championships, it has a bronze plague displaying this info but that all i have, any info about the table or its value would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Faramoose.

Hi Faramoose, as far as I can gather Karnhem & Hillman no longer trade, but that's only from a quick check on google., so don't quote me on it. Your best bet is to contact Roger Lee at the Billiards and Snooker archive:-

http://www.billiardsandsnookerarchive.co.uk/index.htm

He's a very knowledgable and helpful chap who until recently (3 years ago approx) ran the Heritage Room at THe Crucible, until World Snooker, in there infinite Wisdom (NOT) decided to use his room for smoozing the sponsors instead (sacrilige!!) You might be lucky and Roger may have some specific info about your table, it's provenance and it's value...

Hope this helps...Dave, Snookerpoolman, cueist@genie,co,uk

Comment

all Karnhem and hillman tables have that plaque on them after 1980 it was a sales pitch we have three in the wharehouse at this moment with the same plaque on and two out on rental , it is not the exact table used but the same model Buckingham with the tulip leg , even the square leg tables had the plaque on the cushions . Very good tables though and well sought after in the S/H market .( only fault I've found wiith them is leg splitting due to glue drying out )
      but a no nonsense table thats why we prefer these for rental tables .

on another note there are plenty of tables on ebay for a couple of hundred quid , and I'm afraid I've seen K&H go for the same price on there . we have sold some for £1800 to £2500 in the past renovated and installed .
      Last edited by Geoff Large; 3 January 2010, 11:38 PM.
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
      X