7ft table advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7ft table advice

Hi, I found this forum while looking for a 7ft slate bed table and would appreciate any advice on this one from Walker & Simpson as I have never heard of them. Seems to be a good price, does anyone know if they are good quality or not?

http://www.uksportimports.com/catalo...7df56192169d9b

Russ

I e-mailed the suppliers and got this reply.

"Walker & Simpson is our own brand. All our items are manufactured and imported from China.

These tables are of a very high quality and are as advertised on our website.

I'm sure you would not be disappointed if you were to order one and we have had very good feedback from these tables. They are great value for money."

Has anyone any experience of them?

Russ

Comment

hmmmm the reply sounds and feels a little bit generic doesnt it? You wouldnt be dissappointed? Well...why not? They dont go into much detail...

Comment

And sorry Russ but no I have no experience with these (new to the sport in general)!!

Comment

Anyone had any experience of chinese snooker/pool tables in general, I really don't want to spend that much money and wish I'd bought elsewhere. As you say, they don't go into much detail and once I've paid I suppose they will not be dissapointed and may not care less if I am.

Russ

Comment

Ok, it would appear that advice on these chinese snooker tables is not available, so, can anyone recommend a good quality 7ft slate bed table that does not cost the earth?

Russ

Comment

Are you looking for new or 2nd hand? You might be able to pick up a bargain...maybe unwanted xmas pressie in 2nd hand mags?

Comment

Originally Posted by JimmyD40 View Post
                Are you looking for new or 2nd hand? You might be able to pick up a bargain...maybe unwanted xmas pressie in 2nd hand mags?
                That is an idea, what mags do you suggest?

Russ

Comment

Originally Posted by Russ View Post
                  That is an idea, what mags do you suggest?

Russ
                  Hi Russ,

Well I would avoid mags that are to do with snooker as the sellers will be more clued up...you wanna try your local ad mags...local papers etc...because ideally you want to find somebody who doesnt know about snooker tables and their value...(so you can get a good deal off them)

Its a bit naughty...but oh well?

Comment

Thanks for the help, I'll have a look at the weekend local papers for a start.

Russ

Comment

Why are you wanting specifically a 7fter if you don't mind me asking?
                      Dark side of the moon

Comment

It's for the dining room, 14ft x 11ft 6in, so a 7ft is probably as big as I can get even allowing for a shorter cue to play cushion shots.

Russ

Comment

Isn't the room going to be a little short even for a 6 foot table?

Sorry don't know about the quality of them or anything but have you thought, if its or a dining room of something like this?
                          http://www.fcsnooker.co.uk/fcsnooker...able_intro.htm Somewhat more expensive than what you are looking at don't know if you can find one second hand.
                          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

We never use the dining room so the dining table will get moved to the kitchen instead. The room will just be used for a snooker table.

Russ

Comment

Pay cheap, buy twice.

In other words.. you pay for what you get so just be careful mate
                              Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
                              X