Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
    What cloth did they use?
    I'm not sure, I'll ask next time. It played very nicely though. I didn't use to like the table but it's one of the best tables I've played on now. I'll try and remember the table manufacturer when I'm next down.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      Of course I would, what's wrong with things getting better? Do you travel by horse and cart?
      Lol! Happy for standards to improve, but if you change the cloth to Napless then it's not really snooker anymore is it? If someone is clever enough the invent a new game played with Napless cloth on a 12 X 6 billiard table then fine. I'd be happy to watch more variations of cue sports.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I think it's debatable that a napless cloth would make the game easier, the balls do roll almost forever on a napless cloth which makes positional play harder, your touch needs to be perfect. It would definitely mean that tables need less maintenance though, and I'm all for that. If I had my own table I'd probably go for a napped cloth and just look after it properly, but I don't.

Comment

I think it's debatable that a napless cloth would make the game easier, the balls do roll almost forever on a napless cloth which makes positional play harder, your touch needs to be perfect. It would definitely mean that tables need less maintenance though, and I'm all for that. If I had my own table I'd probably go for a napped cloth and just look after it properly, but I don't.
          I've got a 7 x 4 slate bed pool table with camel coloured Napless cloth on it. I've got a set of aramith snooker balls I use on it too, runs a 1000 miles an hour! Good fun, but it ain't for snooker. I favour the top spin shot wherever possible for position as it's easier on this cloth to judge than screw. The ball spins a lot with screw but doesn't bite as much.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I favour topspin on the slow cloth I play on, it's actually not a bad cloth, it's just in a cold room with old single glazed windows and no-one but me seems to ever brush it, I would block it too but there isn't a block. Someone left the heater on for a few days in there by mistake and it played quite nicely that day. I'm tempted to bring in an iron one day to try and sort it out, probably need a little handheld hoover too, but I don't really see why I should.

Comment

I favour topspin on the slow cloth I play on, it's actually not a bad cloth, it's just in a cold room with old single glazed windows and no-one but me seems to ever brush it, I would block it too but there isn't a block. Someone left the heater on for a few days in there by mistake and it played quite nicely that day. I'm tempted to bring in an iron one day to try and sort it out, probably need a little handheld hoover too, but I don't really see why I should.
              Jonny our tables aren't cleaned that often, but the lad I play with has made a block out of that flotex carpet tile stuff, you can get for nowt as a sample, just a quick once over with that and it makes a hell of a difference, it takes less than a minute for a quick once over. worth a try as it won't cost anything.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yeah, I keep meaning to do that, haven't got round to emailing them yet, still have the website open in a tab, lol. The table I play on is unbelievably dirty though, I brush it, then put a set of balls I just cleaned on it and as soon as I do they're covered in dust, literally as soon as they touch the table.

Comment

Yeah, I keep meaning to do that, haven't got round to emailing them yet, still have the website open in a tab, lol. The table I play on is unbelievably dirty though, I brush it, then put a set of balls I just cleaned on it and as soon as I do they're covered in dust, literally as soon as they touch the table.
                  Wow! Ours aren't anywhere near that bad, cleaned maybe once/ twice a week. Do you get loads of kicks on it?
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Wow! Ours aren't anywhere near that bad, cleaned maybe once/ twice a week. Do you get loads of kicks on it?
                    It's like a basketball game sometimes It's a shame because it's a historic table, used in the 1977 final of Pot Black, I forget who played in the final, Eddie Charlton I think.

Comment

You are old fashioned and traditionalist, Geoff.
                      Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      And that's a good thing, as it usually comes hand in hand with high standards and pride in what you do.
                      I can remember another guy who was fussy and had high standards too...

...but when Sam-I-Am finally tried green eggs and ham it turned out that he liked them.

Imagine that.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by dinovirus; 5 February 2017, 02:17 AM.
                      Acting experience: When I play snooker and I make a shot, I act like I meant to do it.

Comment

Johnny, before you get round to the flotex, a bit of 4 x 2 with some cloth round it is fine.
                        王可

Comment

Anyone thinks the Hainsworth precision cloth is a good compromis between napped and unnapped cloths?

Comment

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
                            Anyone thinks the Hainsworth precision cloth is a good compromis between napped and unnapped cloths?
                            It's very good once you get used to how fast it is

Comment

In a home. or in a club Stazione?
                              王可

Comment

In a home. or in a club Stazione?
                                At home. Can anyone say something about the wear on this cloth? I have it fitted now and plays stunning.
                                Before i had a strachan 10 but after 3 months it was rubbish

Comment

Working...
                                X