Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sort of room is needed

Hi all,
    I am very fortunate in having a big enough garden to build a snooker room. I was just windering if anyone had expertise in the criteria needed for such a room. I have a bricky popping over Monday to price it up. I was originally thinking of having double skin insulated walls, also insulated floor and roof. Then I thought that single skin wall with timber frame inside with insulation. I don't know(and don't expect the bricky to know) what insulation, heating and ventilation is required. Also, it may be tricky getting heating into the building as it is quite a distance from my house. Could I leave a timed oil heater in there? As for the cost, well that's going on the mortgage but don't care as i've always wanted a snooker room. Any ideas on room specifications or where I can get some more info. Thanks in advance. I'll have to include pics when building begins.
    Cheers.

Hi,I have just done exactly that,built a room in the garden and it is finished. If you would like to hete of how i did it and what it entails please feel free to contact me. People have said it is one of the best rooms thay have seen. I have done this twice now and feel I know a bit.
    Roy bacon
    e mail
    geoffreybacon@btinternet.com
    I would be happy to help.

Comment

I have built a detached snooker room recently and although I am in Canada and the building techniques and regulations do differ I can offer some generic advice. You can find some of my pics in the album section of TSF.
      Build the largest room you can, you can never have too much space.
      Insulating walls ceiling and floors to the highest R rating possible will keep your bills down and make for a comfortable place to enjoy.
      You will need power any way so look at baseboard heaters, the modern ones work really well.
      Choose your flooring carefully, hard surfaces are hard on the back after long hours of play. Carpet can get dirty and harbour dirt and dust if you are detached and in and out from the main house.

Good luck! and keep us posted with pics
      Last edited by Slasher; 18 July 2010, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X