Olhausen Snooker table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olhausen Snooker table

Anyone know if these are any good and worth getting? I found one for a decent price but when I measured the table the width is 1" shorter and the length is 2.5" than the Riley Aristocrats in the club I play at.

So the width would be 5'9'' and length 11'6'' (standard is 5'10'' and 11'8.5")

Would this slight size difference affect my play in the long run or would getting a table be better because I can basically practice anytime I want without worrying about green fees?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

waynnc:

Much better to have your own table to practice on as the commute is a lot less and you get much more (and cheaper) table time. The drawback is getting opponents to practice with.

I wouldn't recommend an Olhausen table. You should be able to find a used BCE, B&W or Riley table at a decent price or even a Brunswick Anniversary. It's not the different size (although that seems just stupid of Oldhausen and something I didn't know) but the cut of the pockets and the quality of the table.

Not sure if you are in Ontario or not, but if you are call Odie Willet as he always has some good used tables kicking around. Right now I think he has some used BCE Westbury with steel-blocked cushions available

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hi,

I just came across your post and would you mind to share what your decision was and share some experience. I am in the same situation. I found a similar table local and so tempting to get it. Thanks.

ultraming

Originally Posted by wayync View Post
      Anyone know if these are any good and worth getting? I found one for a decent price but when I measured the table the width is 1" shorter and the length is 2.5" than the Riley Aristocrats in the club I play at.

So the width would be 5'9'' and length 11'6'' (standard is 5'10'' and 11'8.5")

Would this slight size difference affect my play in the long run or would getting a table be better because I can basically practice anytime I want without worrying about green fees?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X