Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Table Pockets

Please help!

I have a snooker table in my house (12ft) and when I first got it, the pockets were excellent.

For some reason, they have started to reject balls when they are very fast, especially the middles, even if the ball is going in dead.

This makes it very hard for me to make substantial breaks.

Could anybody help?

Is there something I could do with the pockets?

Thanks,

Obli
    Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

1. Your a lucky B......
    2. This is exactly what happens at my club. They got new pockets fitted. so maybe you gotta get new pockets. Dont know if it's expensive

Comment

lol..Maybe I ought to get them re-pocketted.

Any one any idea how much it will cost? And is there nothing I could do myself?

Comment

I found these if you scroll down about half page theres moulded pockets which you could proablly fit yourself only £42 or £30

Comment

Thanks YW

Comment

I hope it helps mate because that annoys me so much

Comment

Thanks,

It's most annoying when you're potting the blue into the middle to cannon into the pack and it rejects it.

Comment

Thats the exact problem I have or wrong side of the blue need power to go through baulk and back to the pack but the blue comes out then your opponent knocks in a nice break.

Thinking about it actually..
                The pockets could of dropped lower so the blue is hitting the rim of the pocket which is pretty solid so it's bouncing back out. If you lift the pocket higher somehow so when you pot the blue it sinks into the back of the pocket and then drops so it cant bounce off nothing cos it's just the net.

Do you know what I mean?

Comment

Yes I do precisely..I wonder if there is some way for me to do this?

Comment

All I can think is pull it

Comment

Can't fully understand what is happening here but it sounds like the ball is hitting the back of the pocket and coming back out. Usually this is down to one of two things. Most likely is that if its a problem that has suddenly developed then its likely to be the leather on the pocket itself becoming too hard and not cushioning the ball when it hits the pocket plate.

The other problem could be that, particularly on older tables, the back of the pocket doesn't go back very far and the ball doesn't have time to drop down into the pocket. I used to play in a club that had this problem and people used to warn you not to try and power any shots in on the middle pockets.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advise all

Comment

Have a look under the pocket to see if there are any bolts going up if there is you have what is called single dowel pocket plate if this is the case give the bolts a slight tighten

If there are no bolts there you have double dowel pockets in this case you will have to pack them out I would recommend a fitter to carry out this work

Pm with your email address if you would like me to send you pictures of different pocket types

Cheers Marty
                          www.saltiresnooker.piczo.com

Comment

This is the same problem i'm having as well, its a bit of a nightmare as it changes your whole game plan when break building. I have absolutely no confidence in hitting the ball hard into the middle pockets.

Another thing thats happening with mine though is that the middle bags are very tight to pocket anything into at an angle of more than 45 degrees, i know they're hard enough shots but on this table they're near impossible.

Comment

I always use the best rubber available and even if that rubber might be five times more expensive than the cheaper imports they pay off for me in the end for the amount of playability i play. I also stretch the cloth as far as i can and i redye and soak the pockets in leather conditioner and they always seem to come out like brand new.

Comment

Working...
                              X