Snooker Tables For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Tables For Sale

4 x 12' Karnehm & Hillman Snooker Tables for sale. Beautiful condition. E-mail me at newarkcueclub@hotmail.co.uk for more info and photos.

Also have a table for sale

I'm looking to sell a full size Burroughes and Watt snooker table

It comes with antique score boards, (I confess to not knowing much about antique tables and boards) though one of them is the best example of an
    antique scoreboard i have seen, (not that i've seen that many) and all accessories, cues rests balls etc..

If it helps any it's located on the ground floor.

elsenebe@gmail.com

Comment

Burroughs and watt table and H Nelmes scoreboard cabinet

I managed to take some photographs as requested, i dont know which are important parts to photograph, however i took some of the table and scoreboards, one of the scoreboards is by H.Nelmes of Glasgow the other does not appear to have a name that i can see, they can be seen in the following URL, i will add some more pics once i find a better camera.

http://youve.gotdns.org:8062/~scot/snooker/web/

Scot

Comment

Originally Posted by scot View Post
        I managed to take some photographs as requested, i dont know which are important parts to photograph, however i took some of the table and scoreboards, one of the scoreboards is by H.Nelmes of Glasgow the other does not appear to have a name that i can see, they can be seen in the following URL, i will add some more pics once i find a better camera.

http://youve.gotdns.org:8062/~scot/snooker/web/

Scot
        H Nelmes where a billiard firm who where located in Wellington street Glasgow around 1870/80s they moved premises to West George street in Glasgow in the 1940s , the board is unusual in that it has a centre ball rack rather than an underslung type ball box , it looks like it has been restored and the transfers kept original .
        the board I would value at around £750 to £1000 on its own .
        a few years ago the board may have fetched £1500 upwards , but the market has changed and now board like these are selling a bit lower .
        the B & watts board has lost most of its use as a Life Pool scoreboard and would take some restoring , and this would only be worth around £150 to £200 in its present state .
        you could source two beveled edge miroors to put where the slide out life pool markers would have been , and then put a piece of slate in the centre , this would balance the look of the board out better . and save on the restoration costs of putting it back to original spec .
        table is a standard B&watts tulip leg not steel block , value around £500 to £1000 depending on buyers needs , i.e if none identical available on ebay at a lower price.
        the table has had some alteration to its pocket plates , the older top plate rebate has been filled in and prob two pin plates added for a more modern pocket plate making the date pre circa 1890s . but there is some colour differance and also wood grain between the cushions polish and the frames polish , are these the original cushions to the table or have they been replaced ?

Geoff
        .................................................. .................................................. ....

the 4 tables mentioned for sale at Newark cue club in the above thread I have worked on in the past and are in my opinion are the better of modern tables for sale being of good quality , they will of course have to be recovered and prob cushion cappings repolished .

Geoff
        Last edited by Geoff Large; 23 September 2010, 12:02 AM. Reason: more info
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Geoff many thanks for taking time to reply, i have read a lot of your posts, over the last couple of days, and the wealth of knowledge you appear to have for snooker equipment is astounding, this was my fathers snooker retreat (who sadly passed away) and he did tell me that because of decline in one form of another, in the market, that one day the board would be worth more than the table.

Many thanks, i'm sure a lot of people on this forum appreciate your knowledge

Best regards

Comment

I am fascinated by the Burroughes & Watts table and scoreboard. Did your father have any connection with South Africa by any chance?

Comment

Geoff

You broke my heart!!!!!!
              I was so interested to purchase that scoreboard. But the cost just put me off

Nevertheless it is one of the best looking scoreboards ive seen
              Good luck with your sale Scot

Comment

100-uper, no my father had no South Africa connections, he did spend time in the armed services, through mostly Aden Cyprus Egypt, and played for the British army football team, he also played professional with Leeds United, though his other passion as you can see was snooker.

Geoff i remember the table being worked on around 20years ago when it was recovered there are some new bolts in the four side cushions, i recall see-ing 5 bolts per side cushion, each i believe has 4 original bolts (or screws) and another shiney one on each which appears to be newer, but i dont recall him having the cushions renewed, though it's a long time ago, so you could be right, judging by one new bolt on each cushion.

Best regards

Comment

Originally Posted by scot View Post
                  100-uper, no my father had no South Africa connections, he did spend time in the armed services, through mostly Aden Cyprus Egypt, and played for the British army football team, he also played professional with Leeds United, though his other passion as you can see was snooker.
                  The reason I ask is that the scoreboard (certainly) and the table (probably) was made for the South African market.

Comment

Just while your on 100-uper - can i please ask for your knowledge of "morcues" please - as i recently bought a Tom Newman cue with an almost complete badge on it - just cant find anything at all on the web, thankyou

Comment

100-uper I'm now intrigued, what gives you that impression, is it the central ball box ? because any early examples of scoreboards i have seen, have the lower ball box.

Best regards

Comment

The clue is the label on the scoreboard which reads "The Dominion Scoreboard by Burroughes & Watts, 19 Soho Square, London. Est. 1902"

Burroughes & Watts London were established in 1836, but they also established a separate limited company in South Africa in 1902, as far as I can tell exporting finished items from their London factory. I suspect the "Dominion," which is also the name of the cushion fitted to the table, was also exclusively used for South Africa as I have never come across it before on a table in England.

Comment

Yes you are spot on about the cushions, the label on the top end of the table says "The Dominion cushion by Burroughes & Watts. 19 soho square London"

However the other label is not on the scoreboard, the one you can see that says "The Dominion Scoreboard by Burroughes & Watts. 19 soho square London Est 1902" is actually attached to the bottom end of the table, not the scoreboard itself, i often wondered why it was on the table.

I had not thought of the dates, very well spotted 100-uper

Best regards

Comment

could be a boer war ( 1880-1881 or 1899-1902 ) table then transported back after the army came home ? the Table has a1902 date so it could mean it was sent to Africa just after the war , the British still had concentration camps for the boers after this date , so army work would have gone on for a few years after the war .

I maintain a Cox and Yeman table in an old comrades club that has guns bayonets and other milatary items including hand grenades in glass cases from the boar war upto the 1st world war and 2nd world wars ( all defused and firing pins rmoved ) and the table in the centre of the room they claim was in the boer war sent out for troops or Officers to play on , the 17th lancers where mentioned as the prob source of the table , then shipped back after the war .
                            the place looks like a museum , and is realy interesting . but I dare not tell them that Cox and yeman table is a later year of production than the boer wars having much thicker slates and other age related pocket plates that date it to around 1910 ...lol

So that could be a possible south african connection to this B & watts table if the label is conected to it ., the table is old enough being pre 1889 . although it has a1902 sticker on it , this could have been and judging by the top plate pocket plates ( unless exchanged cushions ) a table a few years ealier than 1902 .
                            Last edited by Geoff Large; 24 September 2010, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by abhi147 View Post
                              Geoff

You broke my heart!!!!!!
                              I was so interested to purchase that scoreboard. But the cost just put me off

Nevertheless it is one of the best looking scoreboards ive seen
                              Good luck with your sale Scot
                              Believe me he will have no problem realizing £750 for that scorboard from a keen collector , it is unusual and although the firm is claimed to be Scotlands premier maker , it is a name not common on my rounds so is rare to find one , and this one looks mint .
                              myself being as it is a nice item and one of a fathers , I would be tempted to keep it as a momentum and talking point .
                              just like 100-uper keeping his board even though he sold his table .

Comment

Working...
                              X