Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Pool Table

Hi All.

Looking at getting a 6 foot english pool table for fun at home, but unfortunately we live on the 2nd floor up some rather nasty stairs.

Any advice on the transport and logistics of getting a slate-bed table up some stairs? The alternative is MDF-base table which seems like a waste of money since you can pick up an ex-pub table for similar cash.

*Almost all sellers we have found are selling as a unit (not dissasembled) - have no idea how to take one of these apart myself.

all pub style tables are pretty easy to pull apart, you take off the 2 sets of legs, then unclip the clips inside, which should release the top part of the table with the cushions on, then take the slate off and your left with the 'body' of the pool table, all of which are pretty light, it's only the slate that will be heavy but a 6x3 foot one shouldnt be too bad.

all you'd need is 2 adjustable spanners really.

Comment

Nice one mate. Think its unreasonable to ask potential sellers to have the table disassembled prior to collection?

Comment

the main body of the table ( Carcass) try getting this upstairs first if getting this up is ok then the slate /top surround /and legs will be ok .

if you take the slate up first you will be cursing if the main body will not go up as you will then have to carry the slate back downstairs .

learnt from my first instalation of upstairs ....lol

I would recomend a winner supreme 6x3 table , as the bset table , just make sure the cushion rubber is ok before buying as a new set will cost you a few bob .
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

i'd have thought most sellers will take it apart for you if asked and able to do so.

can be done in about 10 minutes.....

Comment

When people buy a new pool table , they have a choice of delivery to doorstep or pavement , or full assemble in house at extra cost normaly around £100 because the delivery has to have two men tied up for the day ,

when they struggle to get a table in their house the last thing they want is to struggle getting it out if they sell it on ebay , thats why they say in most adverts on ebay BUYER to take apart and load , they may give a hand to do this , but most sellers would not get involved with heavy lifting .

Most of these sales are from the Kids having it and just leaving it at home with elderley parents when they leave home , or a single mum etc , you cannot expect them to dismantle and lift.

one thing you must ask is , IS THE TABLE UPSTAIRS? or in a BASEMENT you will be amazed at how the seller keeps this one quite when selling .
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
            X