What / Where - Snooker Table??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What / Where - Snooker Table??

Hi everyone! Newbie here - so go easy on me!
    Been having a good look around and its a great site - hopefully Ill be hanging around alot in the future!

Anyways - Im in Dublin, Ireland. I want to get a new snooker table and was just wondering.....

What is the best snooker table to get? What make / model? I would like a fairly high standard table but also want the best value for money!

Where is the best place to buy them? We have a snooker Riley supplier here in Dublin; the Riley Aristocrat, Westminster and Sovereign are available. Ive havent had a chance to go into the shop - but whats the main difference; as there's quite a price difference! I am familiar with Riley name - but what other makes should be considered?

Are there any other options available - is it cheaper to source and get it delivered from else where? A friend said he might be interested also, so buying two might save on shipping.

Advice and suggestions appreciated. Thanks! :snooker:

Hi Cuesports, welcome to TSF.

I can't help you with your quest for a new table, but I'm sure there are a few people here who can, and will.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Good Day,
      My advice is not to buy new, too costly. I would browse your area classifieds and visit at least 6 potential good tables for sale. Go take a look at them, some will be dissasembled and some will be assembled. There are many second hand tables available some are nearly new and some very old, they are not easy to sell so you have a barganing chip in your hands, some poeple might even give it to you free just to get it out of the house. Resell value is not there. Rent a Truck and you and your friend go dissasemble/load/unload and setup. you can save a whole lot of bucks this way.
      If you are set on a new table, you might have to travel a bit further but remember that you have a bargaining chip and use it.
      Cheers,
      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Hi, how's it going. I could arrange to get you a couple of tables if need be... if required, with new steel block cushions, heaters, whatever you need really. I'm up north, just outside Belfast. Do you have a budget in mind?

Comment

I recently received a BCE Westbury table with Tournament steelblocks . The table has been completly restored and comes with full accessories. Lots of extras, including fitting and delivery to Dublin. ryanah147@hotmail.com
          When you but cheap... You buy twice !

Comment

Originally Posted by jarcher View Post
            Hi, how's it going. I could arrange to get you a couple of tables if need be... if required, with new steel block cushions, heaters, whatever you need really. I'm up north, just outside Belfast. Do you have a budget in mind?
            Jacher - a couple?? A dealer? Or a big house??
            You ask of a budget - well I want the best value for money - so if that means paying a bit extra to get a top quality table - then so be it!! Could you give me some contact details and Ill get in touch with you.

Originally Posted by ryanah147 View Post
            I recently received a BCE Westbury table with Tournament steelblocks . The table has been completly restored and comes with full accessories. Lots of extras, including fitting and delivery to Dublin. ryanah147@hotmail.com
            You've got mail

Comment

Has anyone else got suggestions on the best make/model and where to get, a snooker table?

Comment

Drop me an email to jarcher at me dot com. It's a guy up north that I get my cues off, works from home but has tables in storage. He can get you second hand or new, or a mixture of both, ie, second hand frame and slates, but new steel block cushions etc, heaters, delivery and installed. He can get you pretty much anything you need.

Comment

I would suggest a burrough watts table. Great value for money.
                  Or the riley aristrocat refurmished which might be slightly more expensive.

Comment

Buy a table

One thing that occurs to me is that the recent defence cuts might make a few tables available! As bases are closed I presume that the tables from the messes will be disposed of.

Certainly you will be buying into a buyers market where supply exceeds demand! There seem to be plenty on the market. So get a good one.
                    王可

Comment

Forgot to mention to get the new strip lighting rather than the canopy as it gives a better distribution of light to the table and less shadows.

Comment

snooker table

My mate an ex professional has 5 Fully refurbished tournament spec. Riley Aristocrat steel block tables available. In as new condition with all the usual accessories. He can arrange delivery and or installation if required.

Comment

Riley Aristocrat

Maryfield - Can you let me know your mate's email address. I would be interested in one of these tables, dependent on price and viewing. thanks

Comment

snooker tables

email him at rileyaristocrat@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

Update on the table situation. 3 tables available with all accessories and high intensity light fittings, balls, cues, etc. Price negotiable, deal with him direct. rileyaristocrat@hotmail.co.uk. Recently two were shipped to a buyer in Kuwait.

Comment

Working...
                              X