Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to me about tables

Hi,
    You may have seen my post about the snooker room I made for a client. We have now done quite a few snooker rooms; the client has up till now told us which table he wants.

We now have a client who has asked us to recommend a table, budget is up to £10,000.

So come on guys, tell me which table and why.

Here's my website if you never saw the posted bespoke snooker room

For £10,000 you can get a brand new Riley Aristocrat, the tables the pros used to use until the new Star tables took over. They are the creme de la creme, like your snooker rooms.

Comment

[QUOTE=Senior;539867]Hi,
      You may have seen my post about the snooker room I made for a client. We have now done quite a few snooker rooms; the client has up till now told us which table he wants.

We now have a client who has asked us to recommend a table, budget is up to £10,000.

So come on guys, tell me which table and why.

Here's my website if you never saw the posted bespoke snooker room[/

To recommend a table would require some more info , such as style of room modern or vintage ? and type of wood to be used Oak /mahogany / walnut ?

will the client want a clean looking table , or one that is highly carved semi carved etc .
      is youre client into old tables refurbished ?

it's ok some selecting a table just on it's staus as used in world championships , but will it fit into the room and blend in with the design ?

for comparison , lets say youre client has barn conversion with solid oak beams and doors plus matching skirting , I find the basic Riley Imperial sqaure leg in oak natural or slight stained honey oak then bee's wax finnished looks realy well in this type of location .

A mahogany panel room could have a nice George Wright and sons semi carved to heavy carved table ,such as the one available at Elston and hopkin .
      www.elstonandhopkin.com
      I do know the price is around £10.000 , but is open to offers .

you may want to look at Cheshire Billiards web site , I know Brian has a few bespoke tables for veiwing .

To be honest I do not think you have to use the full £10.000 to get a table suitable for a room and note that the budget is upto that amount , there are a few that would fall within the £5000 to £7000 range that would be well suitable .

but a waxed riley square leg in good condition is around £3500 renovated etc.

just few pointers
      Geoff
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I know very little about tables but am at home with design, all good info, thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X