Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can but dream...........

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-31218431.html

This comes with the house, only about 5 mins from where I live too..........

One day, one day!
    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Ahh, thought it linked directly to the Billiards room.........

Comment

Lovely Billiard Room! Get your numbers on on Saturday - cos you never know!!! No wonder it's Price On Application eh?? Reminds me of Hassop Hall funnily enough...

Comment

Only Keen on 1 Room in that House! I bet Nobody could Guess which One!!.....

Loverly Snooker Room hur!

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
          Only Keen on 1 Room in that House! I bet Nobody could Guess which One!!.....

Loverly Snooker Room hur!

I'm going to get myself a viewing of the house!

Comment

Originally Posted by DWOT View Post
            http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-31218431.html

This comes with the house, only about 5 mins from where I live too..........

One day, one day!

I'm afraid it is not in with the house price .

One of our clients , I installed the table , which originaly came from just down the road at a large Hotel which was once the large country house of Sir Richard Arkwright Family ? . It is a Buroughs and watts steel Block cushioned table , the house has fantastic views down the valley looking over the river Derwent .
            I would date the table as around 1920s /30s by the leg design .
            the Table has now been taken out of the Property .
            the house was once owned by Florence Nightingale's Family , and their Estate stretched for miles around .

the woodwork of the table is at this moment with our polisher having a complete refurb , the Table is then to be relocated just down the road at the Large mill shop ( old arkwright mill ) outlet just before Matlock Bath which our client also has intrest in .
            they have a conferance type rooms on the second floor , and the table will be relocated in one of these rooms over looking the Derwent .
            Last edited by Geoff Large; 8 January 2011, 12:46 PM.
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Where's the table lights? Are they using spot lights?

Comment

I'm going to get myself a viewing of the house!
                knowing the client , any persons wanting to view will be screened to see if they have the funds to view in the first place .

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                  Where's the table lights? Are they using spot lights?
                  Yes he used spot lights as the end wall was to have a cinema screen , the other end has a minstrels gallery and a cinema seating area up there , any shade hung would have been in line with the screen . or the chains would ? he has anice inglenook fireplace at the far end with a nice log burner . you can see the logs stacked in each side alcove .

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                    knowing the client , any persons wanting to view will be screened to see if they have the funds to view in the first place .
                    As the table isn't there anymore I'm no longer interested!

You've also saved me the effort of phoning them up to say that IF the new buyer of the house has no interest in snooker we might be interested in buying it for our club, though from what I gather we might be getting one locally that's supposed to be a cracking table, I'll have to wait for the AGM in a week or so to find out for certain.

Are they likely to use the table much Geoff? Only asking as I'd love a game on it, I live a matter of minutes from there, wonder if they fancy opening it up for others to use or if they're interested in joining a league??????
                    Last edited by DWOT; 8 January 2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

As the table isn't there anymore I'm no longer interested!

You've also saved me the effort of phoning them up to say that IF the new buyer of the house has no interest in snooker we might be interested in buying it for our club, though from what I gather we might be getting one locally that's supposed to be a cracking table, I'll have to wait for the AGM in a week or so to find out for certain.

Are they likely to use the table much Geoff? Only asking as I'd love a game on it, I live a matter of minutes from there, wonder if they fancy opening it up for others to use or if they're interested in joining a league??????
                      No the owner will use the table he is spending over £2000 having it totaly renovated , only it is now being located at his main office at work and will have a double use , snooker and Boardroom table , I have worked on this table for many years when it was located just down the road towards Cromford , there is a Bridge over the Derwent , and just before the Bridge is the hotel , the hotel used to belong to a Religous order of some sort , It is now called the Willersley Castle hotel , but if I remember it had a name st Johns hotel or some sort of saintley name or religous order .
                      the Hotel was built as a house for the Arkwright Family , but this table would have been put in when it was a hotel , far too modern a table for the Arkwrights .
                      We part renovated it as we moved it from the hotel to the clients house up the road , in fact look at the table buttons on the cushions and they have not yet been polished also the bottom bead moulding on the cushions too are unpolished , he was going to get his own polisher to touch it up , but He decided when He put the Lea hurst house up for sale to move it to the Mill down near Cromford on the A6 , and have a total restoration on the polishing .

some time in Jan/Feb , we will reinstall the table in the mill for his own Private use and prob clients of his . Boards are being made to form a large boardroom table for Meetings etc. http://www.christianguild.co.uk/willersley/dining.php click on this link for view of the hotel it realy is a fantatstic building of the Arkwright family .

In 1927 a group of Methodist buisness men bought the Castle and turned it into a hotel , thats where it gets it's religous conection from , and still has it , the table would prob be new around 1927 when they purchased the Castle .
                      Last edited by Geoff Large; 8 January 2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I'll send you my number to pass on to him if he fancies a game anytime! ;-)

Comment

I wonder how much it costs just to run a place like that.
                          王可

Comment

Working...
                          X