Table valuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table valuation

Does anyone know how much this table may be worth? It is a Burroughes and Watts table and has been in my family for more than 75 years. The square legs seem to be unusual compared to a lot of B&W tables I have seen on the internet. I am currently trying to sell it on Ebay but have since found someone else trying to sell theirs for £5k! Don't want to "give away" my table if it is perhaps worth a lot more.

See link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Full-Size-Slat...#ht_500wt_1156

Originally Posted by rbm1978 View Post
    Does anyone know how much this table may be worth? It is a Burroughes and Watts table and has been in my family for more than 75 years. The square legs seem to be unusual compared to a lot of B&W tables I have seen on the internet. I am currently trying to sell it on Ebay but have since found someone else trying to sell theirs for £5k! Don't want to "give away" my table if it is perhaps worth a lot more.

See link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Full-Size-Slat...#ht_500wt_1156
    £5k for a table like this should be a fully refurbished price , spending around £2000 for repolish and rerubber recover nets and leathers , plus dismantle and set up , then any new equipment required .

the table looks in good condition and should in an ideal world realise around £1500 , but depends on time of year , Ebay is not the ideal selling point to get the best price , if you want a quick sale or are forced into a quick sale because of house move etc , then it will be youre only option .
    in which case you should just let it go for what you can get for it .

Some people refuse to sell below a certain price , the table remains unsold and you then have to pay for dismantle and storage or give it away .

So the price depends on youre situation realy , if youre in no rush put a price of £1500 on it buy me now , if you have to get rid , just let it go for what you can get .
    if you have Dry storage space at home , just dismantle it and store until you can get what you want for it , keep any photo's of it fully assembled though to give buyer an idea what he is buying .

looking at what Dealers get for a fully refurbished table of around £5000 , will also include £1000 VAT at todays vat rate of 20% .
    and that £5000 prob includes fully set up and delivery ?

Square legs are not easy to sell , even though youres has some shape to them .

Youre location is also going to restrict youre selling , central england and they are snapped up , Cornwall and scotland tend to struggle for a sale on ebay ,
    Last edited by Geoff Large; 10 January 2011, 05:39 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Geoff,

Many thanks for your prompt words of wisdom - so far on EBay I have 2 bids - £50 and £51 - so not going to let it go for that. I guess what you're saying is that I could get it done up myself and then try and sell it; however that may be more hassle than it's worth. Also may not be able to sell it after that. I think best bet is to withdraw the current post and put it on Ebay again for £1500 buy it now and wait. It is currently dismantled and stored properly in my garage which is dry and free from damp. No rush to sell really.

Many thanks again.

Comment

Originally Posted by rbm1978 View Post
        Geoff,

Many thanks for your prompt words of wisdom - so far on EBay I have 2 bids - £50 and £51 - so not going to let it go for that. I guess what you're saying is that I could get it done up myself and then try and sell it; however that may be more hassle than it's worth. Also may not be able to sell it after that. I think best bet is to withdraw the current post and put it on Ebay again for £1500 buy it now and wait. It is currently dismantled and stored properly in my garage which is dry and free from damp. No rush to sell really.

Many thanks again.
        yes you can try for the £1500 which is what I would value the table at in current condition , anyone buying would prob have it recovered anyway so condition of previous cloth will not come into any valuation .
        you have to remember it is a buyers market though , there are plenty of tables for sale although I will point out youre's has the B&watts credibilty and build quality , and looks in good condition from photo .
        any offer over £1000 though should be considered .
        if the table was a 9 or 10ft then you could get £1500 easy for it as that size is much sought after .
        Fulls size table's are ten a penny , plenty up for sale , some being given away , it's all down to how many want youre particular table .
        and a square leg table over a turned leg table ? and traveling to Scotland to pick it up .
        so yes put £1500 buy me now but also keep it open to offers ?
        some may take into acount it is worth £1500 but will have to price up what it will cost to pick the table up and transportation plus set and recover costs .
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

RBM please PM me.
          王可

Comment

Working...
          X