• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Tables Price/Quality

Hi everybody,

I wanted to ask about a comparaisons, opinions, reviews, and prices,
    of
    - Star Tournament Table (Same as used on World Snooker)
    - Riley Aristocrat (Tournament, Steel Block Cushions)
    - Shender Prince (Same as used on IBSF events)
    - Wiraka M1

any other table that you know are good for competition
    any suugestions are welcome,

I'm making a search, because i'm interested in opening an Association/Academy of snooker, (main goal promote, raise snooker in the country)

Regards,
    Amine
    Highest Break : 53
    Current Playing Cue : Aurora Custom Cue 1pc (56.5", 18oz, 9.5mm tip, 29mm butt)
    Spare : Aurora Custom Cue 1pc (17.8oz, 9.6mm tip, 30mm butt, 17" balance point.)
    Retired : John Parris Traditional 1pc (sold), John Parris Elite Cue (sold), Cue Craft Royal (sold), Cue Craft Baron (sold).

I am curious to hear the comments you receive. I am looking at two tables one being a Shender which was used in the IBSF under 21 Worlds in Montreal in 2011 or an old Burroughs & Watts steel block. Roughly the same price delivered and setup.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

The latter every time.

Comment

I really thought the shender sounded good complete with electronic scoreboard until I got reading on here and found out they are put together very cheaply. My problem is I have a 1898 5x10 Brunswick Pfister in original condition that I have to sell first.

Comment

Bottom line, no new table has quality slate , the old welsh blue slate of the burroughs and watts circa 1900 to 1960s is the best , but they never use it , not because the industry has closed down as it can be set back up very easy , the COST is the main thing .

But the price they charge for a Star or a riley Aristocrat useing soft italian /chinese or even Brazilian slate do not add up

£8000 to £13000 ?

Too many people useing the Brand that is in use on TV and tournaments is the best to use scenario , a bit like Ping golf clubs or Nike trainers .

clearly the materials used for manufacture is far inferior to what was used years ago , Quality of wood and slate have gone backward on these new tables , but pocket plate design and cloth quality have been improved for the modern game .

when the Billiards industry wakes up to find that the best tables where manufactured in the UK useing welsh or Irish slate and good imported hardwoods that where allowed to dry out under cover for 7 years at least . combine this with the modern pocket plates and cloth plus the adjustable slate supports and you will then have the best table money can buy , and prob at the same price as a chinese one if the production was in full flow .
          [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

I have made up my mind. The Burroughs & Watts is the way I am going.

Comment

Good decision.
              王可

Comment

Stop the order, get yourself a Star. They come with thicker slates you know, hahaha..

I love them...
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Les:

Stick with the B&W table. Store your 5 x 10 and start practicing on the 6 x 12 since you want to play in the first ranking tournament in late Sept/early Oct and relatively that is not a lot of time.

Odie and Pat McCarthy will do a really good job on the B&W table and if you want proof come on back to my place and see how my BCE Westbury is playing now with the Precision cloth on it.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hi Terry I was thinking the same thing as far as storing mine. I was going to ask you how yours was playing. Now I have my answer. I would love to get a few games with you if I get a rain day. I have been working hard on my game and looking forward to the handicap tournament in a couple weeks.

Comment

Les:

You're welcome anytime. This Precision stuff is REALLY slick although I'm getting the hang of it a bit now. Cueball control is hard to learn and until I started dropping my power a lot I wasn't getting the hang of it.

Not sure if I can play on June 8/9 as I may have those 2 students by then. Last I heard it was 'early June' but nothing confirmed as yet.

Terry
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                      X