No announcement yet.

Rare thomas clulow table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a couple of photo's of the 10ft Thomas Clulow table after refurb , which consisted of a strip wood and stain plus repolish , nets leathers , new rubber , new 6811 t cloth , installed above a Garage for the Client .
    the last photo was before the refurb and dismantle to Bring in .

Last edited by Geoff Large; 28 October 2011, 06:34 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

That, as they say in my area....is a proper job!!!! Fantastic.
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Before and after pictures are always good.
        王可

Comment

I have had a an email from a Relative of thomas clulow and i have attached it to give amore uptodate account of clulow when he died etc .

Hello Geoff

My name is Janita Clulow - Hercus from Sydney Australia , I have been searching the net looking for information re my direct family member Thomas ( cluley ) Clulow who was a billiard /bagatelle manufacturer in Manchester , he was also listed as a cabinet maker .
          He died in 1865 , he married Eliziebeth Wallwork in 1846 and she died in 1850 , I have information and a photo of Thomas clulow , I was wondering if you would send me the photo's of the clulow table and any information you may have about him without me having to join the Snooker forum , I would like to add this to the Family History page I have made up for Thomas Clulow .

Regards JAN
          Last edited by Geoff Large; 16 February 2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Amazing. The Internet can do such wonderful things!
            王可

Comment

To be honest if the full size was refurbished in a similar way i think it would command a similar price.
              These days if your buying a table for your son or daughter to practice on it should be full size.

Comment

The refurbishing of any table is expensive but no way is a 12ft full size worth more than a 10ft umless it is of significant make and ornate , and thats down to the rarity of 10fts that keeps their price up , when you can pick up dozens of full size on ebay , 10fts only come on now and again .
                Buying new yes I agree 12fts would be more expensive due to more legs in some cases and larger slate and wood work .
                a billiards / cue sports firm is going to want almost the same price for a full size table , but on the second hand market the 10ft will allways be on a premium .
                Iv'e said many times , most people have not got a room large enough for a full size , and I have fitted many with not enough cue room , when if they had sat down and thought it out a 10ft 0r 9ft would have fitted perfectley , this customer who had the 10ft clulow had room for a full size , But he realized that the clulow was an important table in it's rarity as a not long in production firm , and it's size .

Comment

Working...
                X