No announcement yet.

What do estate agents know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most tables in the home end up like that , more junk than steptoe in some ...lol

But I once found under one that a widow had asked me to take down , a vintage late 50s or early 1960s USA Fender Telecaster in cream/white in its original case , I tried to buy it but she said it was her late husbands , I informed her it was worth at least £10.000 to £15.000 and I could not afford it anyway , she thanked me for my honesty and sold it by Auction for a sum not far from my top end valuation after auction house commision , it went back to the USA .

most unusual things Iv'e found under tables are stuffed animals , one owner had her dog stuffed and it was stored under there as it freeked her out , a chest with old Millitery Swords and pistols , a pinball machine dismantled of course , and just latley ( 4 weeks ago ) a Bag with around 8 Solid gold hunter watches and chains in .
    I have to move this stuff out of the way if I have to move or level a table .

One table in a club had all its sides and end paneled in and the clubs cleaning fluids and dusters brooms etc was kept under it and removable panels at each end was the access for getting to it , I was never allowed to take the paneling off to jack the table up to level it , until one year when they refurbed the club , when all the paneling came off it was a nice tulip leg Cox and yeman table circa 1890s . shame to cover that leg up for over 40 years .

Geoff
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

8 solid gold hunters! Have you seen the price of gold at present!!!

I promise you, Geoff, my tables will never get like that. I will never keep more than half a dozen solid gold watches under either of mine.
      王可

Comment

Working...
      X