No announcement yet.

Hubble and Freeman........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like a Karnhem Hillman Buckingham model. Nice table but not that valuable.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

From Hubble&Freeman's website they do not do this six-legged table anymore, so it may be old-ish.
      Valuable - ?
      Yeah I did have a quick look on there website and I couldn't see it either, so that's what made me think they could be right and it was valuable......

Originally Posted by maryfield View Post
      It looks like a Karnhem Hillman Buckingham model. Nice table but not that valuable.
      Cheers, maryfield thanks for the info bud.......
      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

It may have a hubble and freeman makers plate on the table , but sorry to have to be the informant here , that table was made by Karnhem and Hillman . leg design is called the Buckingham model with scrolls .
        it is the same old story of rebranding another makers table , was there another plate on the other cushion , if not they have been naughty and removed the plate to rebrand it , if not then they are informing they are the supplier but the manufacturer is K&Hillman .

Value wise this table looks like a 8ft table and therfore on the secondhand market worth more then a full size , a full sized version of this table sold last week on ebay for £350 .
        the legs are identical buttons on cushions to hide bolt holes , but i think this one did not have the scrollson they could be ordered in differant guises , tulip buckingham leg , turned plain leg , and square leg , all with or without scrolls .

8ft worth around £1250 to £1500

the 9ft could be worth around £1500 to £2500 on the secondhand market . becaue they are rare to find . 10fts even rarer .

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
        Hi,

One of my girlfriend's best friends recently got married and the brides parents held the reception in there back garden......

I went to use the toilet inside the house and I stumble across this......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8461[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8462[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8463[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8464[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8465[/ATTACH]

I was wondering if anybody had any info on this table, cause I was told it was quite valuable.....

Cheers
        Last edited by Geoff Large; 1 October 2011, 10:09 AM.
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
          It may have a hubble and freeman makers plate on the table , but sorry to have to be the informant here , that table was made by Karnhem and Hillman . leg design is called the Buckingham model with scrolls .
          it is the same old story of rebranding another makers table , was there another plate on the other cushion , if not they have been naughty and removed the plate to rebrand it , if not then they are informing they are the supplier but the manufacturer is K&Hillman .

Value wise this table looks like a 8ft table and therfore on the secondhand market worth more then a full size , a full sized version of this table sold last week on ebay for £350 .
          the legs are identical buttons on cushions to hide bolt holes , but i think this one did not have the scrollson they could be ordered in differant guises , tulip buckingham leg , turned plain leg , and square leg , all with or without scrolls .

8ft worth around £1250 to £1500

the 9ft could be worth around £1500 to £2500 on the secondhand market . becaue they are rare to find . 10fts even rarer .
          Thanks for the info Geoff.

I don't know if the table had anymore name plates on it, but then again I wasn't looking so it have have been on the other side but that's interesting I never knew that kind of thing went on!!

I pretty sure it was a 8ft table..... So it wasn't worth as much as they were telling me then!!
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

No the table new would be around £1750 from k&hillman .

thats in 8ft form and made around late 1980s early 1990s

They may have paid top dollar for it though if bought from a top end seller such as Hamiltons or Sir william Bentley billiards , but the majority of table sellers would value it as I have done , based on tables that have sold in the past 10 years , and if we had one of these in stocl £1750 would be the tops we could achieve for it fully installed and delivered .

Ive come across tables that customers have paid upwrds of £4000 for a 9ft , and the table was shocking at that price worth no more than £1500 workmanship was also poor no better thana DIY job , you realy have to be carefull when buying tables and get as many photo.s and prices then look at what you are actualy getting for youre money , spmetimes a fancy selling name is just a tool for asking top dollar , one firm I have come across and it is very obvious who it is use's a name that is shall we say misleading as to it's right to use it , and I would gladly put my own workmanship up against its fiiters for comparison and have no worries as to the outcome.
            but what realy shocks me is the prices they charge , the customer not knowing what they are buying are too excited at the table with it.s freshly fitted cloth looking good to the eye , it,s only when they see its faults some weeks later that they know they have been tucked up , we have a job on at the moment to put one of these tables in a saleable condition and then resupply a better product to them , but having paid £4000 for the table they will only get at the most £1500 for it as a private sale , and the table we have quoted to renew it with is just £1750 , we are not interested in the other table though so no part exchange .

I can say though from experience that K&hillman tables are made to a good standard , only faults are legs splitting , and 8fts are rare to find . But it is not worth no more than the price I have quoted . I suppose for insurance valuation £2500 to replace it taking into account vat and fitting delivery etc .

Geoff
            Last edited by Geoff Large; 2 October 2011, 08:44 PM.
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
            X