No announcement yet.

Square snooker table?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me the sizes and I`ll cost one out for you.

Comment

6ft x 6ft!
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Not 6ft x 6ft 1 1/2 inches which half a full size table would be? Where are the pockets to be placed ? The same layout as the MIP table or other? This would be straightforward but time consuming to make. I would be prepared to make one and post pictures if some give the correct dimensions required.

Comment

Yeh i think it should be 6ft x 6ft + the extra to get past the middle pocket. I have attached a diagram of how I think it should look for ideal practice situations
          maryfield, If you could cost one for me I would be very interested.
          thanks

Comment

Thats the boy.....

Comment

Originally Posted by EvilDealer View Post
              Yeh i think it should be 6ft x 6ft + the extra to get past the middle pocket. I have attached a diagram of how I think it should look for ideal practice situations
              maryfield, If you could cost one for me I would be very interested.
              thanks
              6ft would put you bang on the centre spot , not past the centre pocket , you would require around 6ft 8 inch to be exact to the diagram and an expensive cushion make up for that odd end , if you used a second hand table there would be no cushion to fit that end , the centre slate ( middle pocket slate ) would have to be cutt by a stone mason , somebody like a funeral memorial headstone maker , I once had to take an 8ft slate bed to one of these to get it cutt into 3 sections so I could get it up a spiral stair case , they have the right cutting equipment to cutt slate to an exact square finnish . useing a water cooled cutter on a flat bed .
              the easy way to do a practice table is two end slates with 4 corner pockets , but that would not give you middle pocket practice .
              and a slate area roughly 6ft 1.5 inch by 5ft .
              [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

No problem to make that. I would recommend using the first three slates from a set off a full size table which would give a slate area of approx 86.5 inches x 73.5 inches. However if this was too big then we could cut to buyers requirements.

Yes, bespoke cushions would need to be manufactured for the end and the short bits beyond the middle pockets. We have extensive experience in re-modelling tables from full size to smaller sizes so this would not be a problem to us. Geoff was correct in his estimate of around 1500 pounds. That would be re-polished with new nets leathers, game rails and accessories.

Comment

I don't suppose the top cushion would have to be that special or accurate as you wouldn't use it in practice anyway....

Now to convince the missus.....

Comment

We would make a cushion to match the other three. No point in doing a half hearted job. If its worth doing do it right. Keeps the wife happy too.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                      I don't suppose the top cushion would have to be that special or accurate as you wouldn't use it in practice anyway....

if its 6 foot square (ish) then get a decent piece of wood for the top that matches and surprise her with a new "dining table"

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                        if its 6 foot square (ish) then get a decent piece of wood for the top that matches and surprise her with a new "dining table"
                        no good as a dining table as there is no leg room under the table once seated , youre knees would hit the framework and you would have to sit a bit further away from the table so an over sized top would have to over hang , also the hieght issue , dining tables are much lower , that is why a genuine Riley diner has adjustable slide locking mechs under the table with adjusters , this is for rise and fall system , lower for dining off and high for playing .

Geoff
                        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post

Tell her it's an ironing board.
                          王可

Comment

Not quite square

I suppose if you had room you could have a shortened table. Use slates 1,2,3 & 5. You would have a shortened table which would be OK for practice in a small room.
                            王可

Comment

I have a Riley MIP. It has been in storage for some time and needs some refurbishment. It is 6ft x 4ft6in. I would be prepared to sell. If anyone is interested, please contact me. I am in Ewell, Surrey.

Comment

Working...
                              X