Water stains on cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water stains on cloth

Is there any way to get rid of water stains on snooker table cloth? Can the whole cloth be dyed(while still on the table) or are there any other methods available? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Anyone help?
    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Wayne:

The only solution I can think of is to find a broad felt tip marker the exact same colour as the cloth and then 'paint' the water stain. I've used on to colour in those faded wear spots around the black and pink and it does hide the mark but of course it's not a perfect solution, especially is you have a large water stain.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

when a liquid is spilt onto the cloth , the chalk dust within the cloth will clumb together especialy around the edge of the stain forming a tide mark like on a dirty bath , we always recomend a new cloth especialy if it is a fizzy drink like coke , but I do know one customer who simply wet all the cloth and useing his brush just brushed it wet , then dried it out with heaters under the table , I do not recomend this but it worked for this guy .
        the cloth will take some drying and will have to be ironed in well over the next few weeks .
        it seemed to play ok when I was asked to level and service it after he had done it .
        apart from that live with it until it is ready for a recover .
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Terry & Geoff,

Thanks for the replies. It's a club table and the stain has been there quite a while. I think it's best to leave it alone as advised.

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
            when a liquid is spilt onto the cloth , the chalk dust within the cloth will clumb together especialy around the edge of the stain forming a tide mark like on a dirty bath , we always recomend a new cloth especialy if it is a fizzy drink like coke , but I do know one customer who simply wet all the cloth and useing his brush just brushed it wet , then dried it out with heaters under the table , I do not recomend this but it worked for this guy .
            the cloth will take some drying and will have to be ironed in well over the next few weeks .
            it seemed to play ok when I was asked to level and service it after he had done it .
            apart from that live with it until it is ready for a recover .
            Do you think it might be possible to clean tables using some sort of carpet cleaning vacuum cleaner style device. The sort you can hire are all a bit variable, but something that didn't flood the table with water and kept the water temp reasonably high. Then, so long as you used it with the nap and finished with an iron to make sure it was fully dry and ironed..
            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
            - Linus Pauling

Comment

They have a product in the US called Quick Clean which was meant for cleaning US pool tables. It is a spray and works like a dry cleaner from what I understand. I have seen it used on pool tables and it worked brilliantly.
              Not sure if it works on water stain on a snooker cloth...
              But you can always ask them.:-)
              Here is the site: http://www.quick-clean.com/
              Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 October 2011, 05:33 PM.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Something like this would probably help you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMBERSIL-P...item5addfdd296

Comment

the carpet cleaner works by powerfull suction , so NO , do not use it as it will also pull any filler in the slate joints out .
                  it will then leave you with lumps under the cloth where the vac has moved it along the bed under the cloth , and divots where the filler has been sucked out .
                  as it has been there for a long time just live with it , a recover will sort it out when it is ready .
                  as for spray on cleaners , I think they work to spruce acloth up , but they soon discolour again , if you want to try Acetone on an offcutt piece of billiard cloth and just rub thwe off cutt soaked cloth into the spill stain this may remove some of the stain . watch out for any cutts to the skin though when useing Acetone or if that is not available try Nail varnish remover .
                  Acetone is what is used to fade old PENCIL Baulk line's when restretching a bed cloth . and carpet fitters / cleaners use it for Chewing gum removal too .
                  Last edited by Geoff Large; 13 October 2011, 11:39 PM.
                  [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

If you do use nail varnish remover make sure it is "Non oily" type. It should be marked.
                    王可

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                      the carpet cleaner works by powerfull suction , so NO , do not use it as it will also pull any filler in the slate joints out .
                      it will then leave you with lumps under the cloth where the vac has moved it along the bed under the cloth , and divots where the filler has been sucked out .
                      as it has been there for a long time just live with it , a recover will sort it out when it is ready .
                      as for spray on cleaners , I think they work to spruce acloth up , but they soon discolour again , if you want to try Acetone on an offcutt piece of billiard cloth and just rub thwe off cutt soaked cloth into the spill stain this may remove some of the stain . watch out for any cutts to the skin though when useing Acetone or if that is not available try Nail varnish remover .
                      Acetone is what is used to fade old PENCIL Baulk line's when restretching a bed cloth . and carpet fitters / cleaners use it for Chewing gum removal too .
                      With the spray, he sprayed the cloth with the spray then he had a piece of cloth that he used to wipe the table with. Once it was wiped it dried within minutes. But I have no idea if it works on water stain.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                      X