Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9ft Burroughs and Watts steel block to Cornwall tommorw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9ft Burroughs and Watts steel block to Cornwall tommorw.

Tommorow we are off to Newquay in Cornwall to set up the very Rare steel block 9ft .
    this table must be a one off unless another fitter has seen one ?
    Steel block cushions are mainly only fullsized cushions , to see a 9ft with these on is very rare ( first time for me ) and they are not cutt down versions of the full sized , they where manufactured as 9 foot cushions .
    We have not done any woodwork renovations on this table , I have rerubbered it and will recover it in new 6811 , the new owners where given the table by a relative , and only want to pay for part renovation .
    I will take some Photo's over the next couple of days in Newquay , I am looking forward to visiting Cornwall again , it's been a couple of years since I was last down there doing some work , that was very close to St Ives though .
    the table is not a pretty design , the legs look a bit bland to me . I also have a 6ft spen to recover while I am down there , and will do this on the way back near Bodmin .
    Anyway see you in a couple of Days ( thursday ) with the photo's .

Geoff

HERE ARE THE PHOTO'S

Some of the house and some of the table , the house stands on an hillside overlooking an estury at the far end south of of fistral beach Newqauy , to the right the owners have a great view of the sea and Beach which joins onto fistral Beach , the house rear faces south so has sunshine all day , on the hill side shot of the house and garage which has solar panels on its roof , we set the table up above the garage which is to the Right of the house in the photo , we had to gain entrance by walking the 12 foot planks from Pavemant to side of the garage , there was a 25 foot drop off the little square platform that we had to turn the slates on the trolly into the room , very scary install .
    The views down to the Estury is Fantastic , they have their own part of the beach and a landing for when the tides in for mooring a boat .
    this is only their Holiday home , rumours are that the land and old house that was on the plot which was demolished came to £1.2 million and the New house cost £900.000 to build and landscape .
    We have informed the new owners that the table which was given to them is very rare being a steel block 9ft , they do not seem to be bothered , Its just a games table to them for weekend fun above the Garage for those rainy days that they cannot go on the beach or lounge in the Garden .

Last edited by Geoff Large; 3 November 2011, 06:08 PM. Reason: add photo's
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

I see what you mean about the legs. Table does look in pretty decent knick though.
    Are the balls and pockets fullsize for a table like this?

Comment

Originally Posted by EvilDealer View Post
      I see what you mean about the legs. Table does look in pretty decent knick though.
      Are the balls and pockets fullsize for a table like this?
      yes full sized pockets at 3.5 inch to the drop at the jaw ( Match size ) and full size ball , although I did suggest they use 2 inch if they find the pockets a bit too hard for them .
      those legs look a bit arts and crafts to me , maybe they would look better if the table was oak .
      the table leveled up 100% true though so very good slates and solid frame .
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

spare house....**** Geoff seeing and reading this thread ****es me off.

I'm going to buy my lottery ticket and might not be back

Comment

Working...
        X