Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double garage

Hi all,
    Has anyone converted a double garage into a snooker room?
    Its in my critera when searching for a new house. Generally speaking they tend to be a tad to small length ways. Either a smaller table or a bit of an extension would do the trick.
    Just wondering if any one has already done this, and how much roughly it would cost.
    Any pics would also be a good motivator
    D

get a house with no garage and build to what you want

Comment

Originally Posted by EvilDealer View Post
      Hi all,
      Has anyone converted a double garage into a snooker room?
      Its in my critera when searching for a new house. Generally speaking they tend to be a tad to small length ways. Either a smaller table or a bit of an extension would do the trick.
      Just wondering if any one has already done this, and how much roughly it would cost.
      Any pics would also be a good motivator
      D
      Here is one with a 9ft table
      http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...able-in-Garage
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Hi, thats my table in the photo. Its a ninefooter and the internal garage dimensions are 19 foot square which makes it tight playing a ball off the end cushions, but otherwise OK. An eight foot table would have given suffient clearance but means playing with 2" balls and only 10 reds. The nine foot tables have full sized pockets for full sized balls. I did all the conversion work myself, including a suspended ceiling, as my garage has an appexed roof and I fitted a loft opening with loft ladders and loft boarded it, enabling storeage of all my garage stuff in the roof space, allowing a clear garage floor which I damp proofed and carpeted. Including the electics, I spent approx 1,000 pound in materials for converting it and installing heaters. This didn't include my labour and I didn't do anything to the garage door, other than insulate it. The table and equipment, including lighting and installation of the table, (the latter fitted by Geoff Large), amounted to approx another 2K, meaning that I have a completed snooker room for 3K, although only for a nine foot table, but I am still pleased with the outcome and the daily practice i know get has improved my game immensely.

Hope this might encourage you bit if you've got space to expand and can afford possibly double more on price, (which I couldn't, hence the reason for doing all the work myself), then I would recommed you do so and go for a full sized table which can be picked up relatively cheap at the moment. If you do, then I recommend you contact Geoff Large first for sound advice.

Comment

Working...
        X