pool table recover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pool table recover

i have recovered 4/5 pool tables. i have previously used the spray glue to glue the cloth to the slate, what id like to know is can i brush evo-stick solvent free impact contact adhesive on the cloth an the slate ? will it hold an is that ok to use.
    the reason is sometimes i get loose with the spray an it goes all over
    many thanks

Yes Evo stick contact adhesive is far better to use anyway as it provides a much better bond than any of the spray adhesives. I have used it dozens of times with no problem.
    Billiard Fitters always have time for a nap!

Comment

thanks for that

Comment

Originally Posted by hatterboard View Post
        i have recovered 4/5 pool tables. i have previously used the spray glue to glue the cloth to the slate, what id like to know is can i brush evo-stick solvent free impact contact adhesive on the cloth an the slate ? will it hold an is that ok to use.
        the reason is sometimes i get loose with the spray an it goes all over
        many thanks
        use a spreader not a brush ,most evo stick outlets have the spreaders , one per can , I use no nonsense Contact adhesive from Screwfix , lower cost than evo stick just as good , but they do have solvents in them , wear amask if possible , I have never worn a mask in over 36 years , but just having lost a close relative from Lung disease from inhailing glue and dust over his working life , i have now seen the light and will use a mask .
        cutt a good section of the old bed cloth off like a large inner squre to use on top of the new cloth , so as not to get any glue on it's upper surface when you fold over the underside for glueing , or you could manufacture some glue boards . i just use the old cloth .

ex Enbild fitter is correct the spray on stuff is a bit hit and miss ( in fact Crap ) and a good 90% of bed cloths fitted with it fall off , I glue many cloths on american pool tables in bowling alleys around the Uk and can honestly say I have not only kept up but I am actualy faster than the other guy useing spray on glue , I do the slates in pairs and when I have finnished glueing the second slate the first one is ready to make contact and finnish , then move to the second one .
        I have often come across spray on glue all over the runners on the inside of the table , I had to move a table the other day from one room to another and that was just like this , spray on glue all around the outside inner edge and ball runners also the gully boots that the ball falls into had residue on them , and to top it all up ,he had just chucked the old cloth and all the staples etc inside with used razor blade's ???
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

thanks

can i use a product to remove the old glue, usually scrape the old stuff off but this appears to have old glue all over. if so whats the best recomend ?

Comment

is there a more successful way to recover ? i start at the top, pull the bottom then do the sides. is there a right way to do this ?

Comment

Pool table beds are easy to do , there is a few differant ways to recover them , from how you describe and you are happy with that method then stick with it , I use pretty much the same method
              [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
              X