Table Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Heaters

My table has been in use for 18 monthe. I fitted three 4foot heaters and have had to replace all three plus a fourth. They only last 3-4 monthe.
    I am thinking of replacing them with low wattage oil filled heaters which have thermostats.
    Has anyone else had this problem ?

Roy Bacon

I think you've been unlucky Roy. I have similar heaters on my table which I fitted about 12 years ago and have never had any trouble witthem. I heat my room with oil filled rads.X3 and have had them almost 20 years. I have wondered however if I should do away with the table heaters in favour of a couple of oil filled rads. under the table in order to keep the level of heat more evenly distributed. I know you can obtain more mdern slate heaters but frankly I cant. be bothered. F.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Frank.
      I think 4 in 18 months rules out unlucky. Perhaps there are better makes around but I am fed up with experimenting. In my old room I had 6 two foot's which lasted 20 years and are still going.
      I have found a small 450 watt oil filled with thermostats cheaper than the tubuler ones so 3 of those will be better and more reliable.
      Regards
      Roy

Comment

hi be very careful with under table heaters over a long period they tend to warp the slates often making them rounded across the width
        i used to work for rileys and when tables were sold off at end of tour season we found that when sat on top of each other on a pallet
        you could often just spin top slate around in a circle very easily

Comment

So the answer is a few, low energy heaters?
          王可

Comment

What gb147 is correct too much heat can warp the slates , the key is to not get a direct heat directly under the slate but a more radiated heat from a distance below , so those small oil filled rads will be perfect to just keep a gentle heat in the slate bed , I once took down a table near Ilkeston or Heanor I cannot remember which, the table had been in the club for years at the spot end there was an under the slate Gas flame , above that was a tin chinamans hat that the heat hit then the heat came out around the sides of this to go into the slate , on dismantleing the table we found that the end two slates where found to have a dome effect in the centre around the black and pink spots , due to no heat at the baulk end these slates where still true .
            I was told by a member of the comittee the gas flame had always been lit for the life of the table and had never been turned off untill I turned it off , I must say the gas tap was a bit stiff , on another note of under table heating I have often come across tables with those old school cast iron rads under neath connected to the central heating system , so it may be an idea if building from new a snooker room with C/heating with the added rads allready in situ where the table is going to be located allowing for clearence of the under frame .
            Last edited by Geoff Large; 3 December 2011, 03:14 PM.
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

How about under floor heating?

When we lay the floor for the room I propose to put conduits in the concrete with power points to be fitted under each table.
              王可

Comment

I took Geoff's advice and run 2 x Modern Small Oil filled rads under my 9ft table after he installed it. Result was perfect, as is the case with all Geoff's advice.

Comment

Working...
                X