Hainsworth & Strachan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hainsworth & Strachan

Which cloth is better? Hainsworth precision or Strachan 6811 gold? I'm using Hainsworth smart now. Later planning to change the cloth and the rubber. How much the nothern rubber and the cloth in UK retailers for 12 x 6 table. Any recommended seller that I can purchase online. Thank you.
    Last edited by ichigo1661; 20 February 2012, 09:28 AM.

Originally Posted by ichigo1661 View Post
    Which cloth is better? Hainsworth precision or Strachan 6811 gold? I'm using Hainsworth smart now. Later planning to change the cloth and the rubber. How much the nothern rubber and the cloth in UK retailers for 12 x 6 table. Any recommended seller that I can purchase online. Thank you.
    Hi ichigo,

I had a quick quote the other day when I was researching the up keep of a full size. Not sure on the rubbers but for a re-cloth using Strachan No 10 I was quoted around £400. However, I am sure one of the other forum members will be able to give you both quotes with more accuracy.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

I was quote around 180 pound for hainsworth smart and 170 pound for Strachan 6811 gold by local reseller. It is a lot cheaper than buying online from UK but I'm just not sure whether it is genuine or not. I wont mine to pay a little extra to get genuine cloth than buying a fake one. Is there any way that I could check whether this cloth is genuine or not. The way I see it, it just look almost the same.

Comment

Originally Posted by ichigo1661 View Post
        Is there any way that I could check whether this cloth is genuine or not. The way I see it, it just look almost the same.
        Not sure, buddy.

Hopefully some others may help..
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

none of them are genuine first grade cloth.strachan has a roll number stamped on the back of the cloth which you can check through the mill if it is first grade. I don't know if hainsworth has a stamp or not i don't use it !
          If you pay peanuts you get monkeys !

Comment

Working...
          X