No announcement yet.

what is the best cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter , you are the only person to say that the cloth is loose and as you said to me , you have never played on a match cloth . So how can you comment on something you now nothing about.......you are not a table fitter ....never played on a match cloth or a match table for that matter......so as you say .....you are talking out of your backside .... How can you make accusations against a table fitter as being no good when you don't know what the job entails and what he ius trying to achieve . Tony Drago/David Gray plus many other top quality players have not said anything and believe me Pro's are very fussy with the quality of the tables they play on .

How am i shooting you down......stating a fact about the table fitter .
    I do take things to heart when i see the money and effort that goes into the running of a club . The tables are very good and there is such things as building movement that effects the level of tables .

Now you are obviously more knowlegdeable than me about snooker but i thought that you started out hitting the ball too hard , as you were used to playing on the carpets that are put on all Riley's tables but i do beileve that these are the tables that you should be striving to play on . As by the end of it , you were getting used to the table .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I'm sorry you feel the need to insult me Neil for just giving my opinion. I don't really care who has played on the table, and how would you know what they think about it do these pro's share there thoughts with you? Like I said you are taking it all to personal due to the fact that you feel close to the owner. As such you are failing to be objective. The table is not level fact. I clearly pointed this out to you at the time. The cloth is loose second fact I would goes as far as to say this is the loosest cloth I have played on in many a year.
      PS you don't need to be a pro snooker player or a table fitter to have an educated informed opinion.
      I tell things the way they are with out any prejudice or gain.
      Your so close to the club you can't see the wood's for the trees. It was not my intention to make negative comments about the club, but by responding to my original post you have done that yourself. My comments are my personal view and won't be shared by every one that visits the club. what you should have done is passed my comments on and if they felt there was anything in them let them take the necessary action and if not then why even bother responding to the comments.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
        Neil You seem to take these comments personally. Seeing as you want to go down this road let's not hold back. The table is not level, presumably levelled by this WPBSA fitter and the cloth is as loose as an old lady's underwear. If this guy is a WPBSA fitter I would say that that don't count for much or would say that he is either one of there worst fitters on there books or he is just taking the **** and doing a quick in and out job this is the second table I've played on at this club and the other one was so pissed that you can't even roll a pink into the middle bag at a medium pace without the ball rolling off. Your a mate Neil but I'm sorry if you don't like my comments but I ain't going to pretend that things are perfect when they are a long way off. Maybe you can get this fitter to come on the forum and shoot me down for my comments I would love to know way he can't get a table level that has been in situ for many a year so has long since gone passed the need for settling down. Back to the cloth and like I said it might just be the way the cloth goes after a few months as this is a pro cloth and I have no experience of this kind of cloth, so like I said would like feed back from Geoff. I have sent Geoff a PM and am waiting for his response.
        Being part of an organisation or affiliated to a body is in no way any guarantee of quality, most if not all these body's just want you cash.
        Tables only been in for about 5-6 months........so has not been in for ages .

Peter , we ain't going to fall out over this but i will say that you seem to want perfection in everything at a cheap price and unfortunately life ain't like that .

Do the tables at Riley's have any roles on them ?
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

No table is perfect. Simple as that. Ever heard a pro come out and say 'the table was great?'....no, they always moan about one thing or another.

Swsa have great conditions at great prices. Still get loads of kicks which is annoying.

Just try and fund the best you can and knuckle down..clubs try there best and should be supported, do not shoot them down for minor issues because you'll miss them when they are gone.
          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Nothing that is noticeable, it has a small roll on the last slate going into the green pocket. but it is so small as that you would have to role the ball dead weight from the green spot to even notice it. I don't know how you relate table conditions to my ideal perfect conditions and wanting it for next to nothing? . Above all I expect a table to be level this is a pet hate and I don't think this is asking too much. This is not about Riley's and I don't think you should be trying to make comparisons between the two clubs. This is just silly Neil If you want to have the last say be my guest but I won't adding anything more to what I've already said.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
              No table is perfect. Simple as that. Ever heard a pro come out and say 'the table was great?'....no, they always moan about one thing or another.

Swsa have great conditions at great prices. Still get loads of kicks which is annoying.

Just try and fund the best you can and knuckle down..clubs try there best and should be supported, do not shoot them down for minor issues because you'll miss them when they are gone.
              My first post was about cloth and was not related to any club. But when Neil responded it made it clear what club I was referring too, I would have never given any details out as to the club as I know full well that there trying.

Comment

Peter wouldnt you been better Off Moaning to the Club when you were there m8? Or giving Neil a Private Message on here and Not mentioning this on a Forum!

Its not the best idea to Post Comments about Club/People on here as there is such a thing as SLANDER! Which can be very Costly if taken to Court.

Gaz.

Comment

Wowsers.. Just noticed all this before i logged off for sleepy time...

Moan about riley's moan about pro tables, moan about pockets, the list goes on....when are ya ever happy caz?

And as for the cloth bubbling up in front of your hand, you should be placing your hand not pushing it up the cloth into place. A bit of a difference having a firm bridge hand compared to pushing a frirm hand against the cloth enough to 'bubble'..

Jeez, you really need to stop moaning about every little thing, and relax a little man, lifes too short too be worrying /moaning about the little things, just relax and enjoy when you get the chance to have/do nice things for gawd sake...........

Don't take that to heart caz but your very highly strung at times and you need to reflect on a few things for sure.

Please don't take offence man, its no bad intent there i assure you fella, just saying so you can see the wood through the tree's a bit here......

Peace out...

Comment

what is the best cloth?

This sounds like my old club with all the bitching and I can relate to why Caz may be pissed.

First off, which has been stated before, a No.10 cloth will dramatically exaggerate roll off, and some fitters don't take the time to make sure the table is perfectly level, which in my opinion, is just plain wrong.

Secondly, as Geoff had stated, it's a fitters job to make sure the cloth is on tight. There should be little to no movement in the cloth even if you try your best to make it ripple. If there is, it hasn't been stretched properly and I know this cause I fit my own clubs No.10 cloth. It's not perfect, but I know when it's not right. I'm about to recover my table in the club for the 3rd time in a year as I like the cloth to still be in a useable condition when taking off so I can put it on to a standard table and always keep our match tables at peak performance.

In my old club, they let the no10 cloth get very slack and in doing so, it lost pace and grip, so to screw the white, you had to dig deep, hence a lot more wear. It put the players off and teams even left the club because the club did nothing to fix the issue. That club is now a bundle of rubble

What a lot of clubs don't realise, is that old saying, you need to spend money to make money. By keeping their tables running as best they can, players will start recommending it to others. Word will spread and the club will get busier. This has happened in my current club because I've taken the interest to bring the standards up. We've even got people queuing for tables which had never happened before.

So Caz is in my view right on this as I'm sure he's not the only player who will have thought this and by pointing it out, if corrected, can make a lot more players happy and keep coming back more often

Comment

what is the best cloth?

The other thing which I'm not sure about Caz, was it a Hainsworth Match cloth you played on or Strachan No.10? The sound you describe of hearing the ball rolling along the slates sounds more like the hainsworth as it is thinner than No10 from what I know and have heard this complaint from many about it.

Maybe the new Hainsworth Precision cloth will change this though I haven't tried it yet.

By cloth, in preference of speed from what I've used and ease of maintenance, I'd go No10, 6811T then Smart with No.10 as a definite for a tight table and if you want to play in proper tournaments etc

Comment

Working...
                      X