X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much rerubberd a table

how much to rerubberd a table and recovered a table

how much rerubberd a table

I've been quoted by two fitters, one quoted £220 for new northern rubbers and £320 for 6811 cloth, the other £350 for the same rubbers and £300 for a new cloth.

I think it depends on what side of the bed they get out of and how much work they have on that week, go for someone with a good reputation, you may pay more, but if it's your own table it's worth it

Comment

Don't know the make of cloth we got, but my club had 2 tables recovered last week, cost him £500 each !!!!

Comment

the correct price give or take £20 through a firm would be

£285 + vat Northern rubber

£385 + vat 6811 Tournament grade for the Recover

beware that you get the First grade tournament grade as they also do a 6811 CLUB grade which is thicker and slow to play on and also substandard in both grades , I would be very wary of a qualified time served fitter quoting £540 for both jobs , Rerubbering is the most skillfull of all jobs to do on a table at £220 looks too much of a baragin for me , the Rubber alone has doubled in price sunce Hainsworth bought northern rubber out .
        You will only have a rerubber done about every 25 years so make sure it's done right , the extra £65 over those 25 years will be well worth it as that is the correct price given the quality of the rubber and the quality of the time served fitter .

and the Recover in 6811 T has always been around £365 to £385 for the past 5 years , anyone undercutting that price will be working for almost nothing . and I would not be in this trade anymore , I would look for something else to do .

Geoff
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

that works out just over 800 pounds i only paid 300 for the table lol ive had the table for about 25 years so the Rubber needs doing the last fitter came from thurston a guy called ray from basinstoke done a great job but i think he might have retired

Comment

The expense is not in the table price, I've recently purchased a B&W steel block table, buitiful large bulbous fluted legs, lovely solid timber, 2" slates all in very good condition for £150, the cost will come getting it installed and running well, new rubbers, cloth, bed and cushion, new pocket leather etc

I've played in leagues for 30 years, give me a good quality old table well installed over a new table any day. I did buy an aristocrat for £300, SB but I sold it on at a profit, as the timber looked like it was still growing,

Comment

The old maxim- if it's too good to be true- it probably isn't true.
              Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
              the correct price give or take £20 through a firm would be

£285 + vat Northern rubber

£385 + vat 6811 Tournament grade for the Recover

beware that you get the First grade tournament grade as they also do a 6811 CLUB grade which is thicker and slow to play on and also substandard in both grades , I would be very wary of a qualified time served fitter quoting £540 for both jobs , Rerubbering is the most skillfull of all jobs to do on a table at £220 looks too much of a baragin for me , the Rubber alone has doubled in price sunce Hainsworth bought northern rubber out .
              You will only have a rerubber done about every 25 years so make sure it's done right , the extra £65 over those 25 years will be well worth it as that is the correct price given the quality of the rubber and the quality of the time served fitter .

and the Recover in 6811 T has always been around £365 to £385 for the past 5 years , anyone undercutting that price will be working for almost nothing . and I would not be in this trade anymore , I would look for something else to do .

Geoff
              王可

Comment

I've just been offered a new set of northern rubbers £50, I have a friend who owns a snooker hall, he's had the rubbers for some time, but tells me they are still in the original packaging. Q's is , would a fitter be willing to install the rubbers on my table if i supplied rubbers or would they insist on sourcing the materials. This has cost implication for me, cheaper and for the fitter who may not make as much on the install ???

Phillip - not sure what you get charged were you are, here in the west midlands there's a recession on . buying a table is cheap, the aristocrat i bought for £300 came out of a match room in wolves, a local armature had it installed, then the club went into receivership, being in the right place at the right time. My B&W SB came from london £150, in fact i purchased two and have now sold one to a chap in germany, However I stick to my comments, the timber in the aristocrat table was poor, build quality was also poor, nothing like a solid old table.

Im a working class bloke, I'm no snooker table expert, I love the game, over the years i have played at town level, and in the prem- west mids league, buying and selling snooker items is a hobby, I built my own room ( when I can I'll upload onto the forum) players like me who play in their local club and leagues can get hung up on named tables, star, aristocrat etc and as soon as they have the space at home they have to have one, what ever the cost. If you knock centuries in day in day out, then maybe, if like me you've only had three centuries in 30 years, I don't see the need or value in spending large amounts of money on a table just because it's been endorsed by the pros, heigh cost doesn't mean your getting quality, that's why the older table, installed correctly is for me.

Cheers Steve

Comment

You can't compare prices here with prices in the west. Here I have a 10' table. Before that needs new rubbers I shall be long gone! I don't remember how much we paid for a recover. It was about RMB300 (30 quid) so it is almost nothing in real terms. The table itself also cost almost nothing. About 400 new and installed but it isn't a well made table although it plays true enough- certainly far better than I ever shall.

For my place in Bulgaria I have just bought a B & W table. See http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...based-holidays for details of the place. As it progresses I shall be posting pictures if ever I work out how to do so on TSF!
                  王可

Comment

Steve, I tried to PM you but couldn't. Maybe you have to make 10 posts before I can.
                    Last edited by philip in china; 12 May 2012, 01:07 PM. Reason: typo
                    王可

Comment

Yes I think I've only posted 5 or 6 ish

Comment

Hi take a look at my album, pics have now loaded

Comment

Working...
                        X