What are these for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
    in nearly 40 years as a billiard fitter I have not come across these , as for some who say they have come across ash tray cups , I think you will find these are chalk cups and are located under ivory or ebony dots in the cushion wood capping some tables have no dots having had these fitted at later date , but this two hole bracket could be anything from say HOLDING THE 2 SNOOKER PLUS BALLS ? to part for a rail ball return system used on burroughs and watts tables which used to outskirt the outside of the table as ball retun to baulk for billiards .
    is there also one on the other side or has there been one there look under for screw holes ?

the table is a burroughs and watts fluted leg with concealed knee panel , but it has modern none B&W standard cushions on it .
    I'll have to check next time im up (probably monday) to see if it has them on the other side or at least screw holes on the other side. Interesting little mystery this, i thought the answer was pretty simple, with the distance they are apart i was sure they were some sort of mounting system for the fishing tackle but apparently not.

Comment

You all think you are so clever but you are allw rong, especially Geoff. This table was made for export to the Carribean. Those holes are for pirates to insert their wooden legs.
      王可

Comment

Very good Phil , I could go one better but it would bring the tone down and involves a brothel in Amsterdam,.....lol
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Had a look monday night, from what i can see these are only on that side of the table, had a look around the other side and felt around to see if there was any mounting holes but couldn't feel any.

Comment

Working...
          X