No announcement yet.

STAR Table TEMPLATES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Terry, please send me the templates too, much appreciated!

nedren2003@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    I do have mechanical drawings of the WPBSA, B&SCC and IBSF templates which I can email to anyone who wants them although I'll have to find them on this computer first. I did email out a bunch about a year ago to different people

Terry

Comment

Hi All

First post here - at the planning phase of a table down here in southern Spain (where stone is cheap), and templates to work from on the pocket side would be of serious benefit, if you could oblige, Terry.

Email is davebalkwill@sky.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Shaeffer View Post
        Hi All

First post here - at the planning phase of a table down here in southern Spain (where stone is cheap), and templates to work from on the pocket side would be of serious benefit, if you could oblige, Terry.

Email is davebalkwill@sky.com
        What has stone got to do with it ??? or did you mean slate ??

Comment

Slate yes - but looking to do the surround in marble rather than wood - something I've been working with a lot recently. About 20 quarries nearby offering a wide range of colour/grain cut and drilled to measure at very reasonable prices (unsurprising, given the whole industry has been zombified by the property crash here.

It will be a bit different from the traditional - if and when I can get the project off the ground - a couple of other priorities between now and then.

Sadly the solarium where it is intended only gives room for an 8x4 or maybe 9x4.5 at a pinch - but it will double as a dining table with spectacular views (err...in other words how to convince the wife ).

First need to get planning permission through for the pergola covering it, to make it sun friendly in the day and and fly friendly at night...

Comment

Sounds good, put pics up if it ever goes ahead, and buy the wife a pair of shoes to keep her sweet

Comment

Was hoping to draw upon the knowledge base here, so I'll blog the project as and when in return.

Got a driveway (in stone) to complete, and a casita (small cottage thing - my domain!) to build to free up a bedroom for relative invasions in the summer.

The wife has enough shoes, btw - worse than Imelda bloody Marcos, I reckon.

I sold here on the idea of a covered outside dining area with a great view. The fact that the Blade4 dartboard is going up in one corner I have oddly failed to mention yet...

Comment

I do have mechanical drawings of the WPBSA, B&SCC and IBSF templates which I can email to anyone who wants them although I'll have to find them on this computer first. I did email out a bunch about a year ago to different people

Terry
                Hi terry just new to this forum and reading old post I came to this post so just wondering if you could email me a set of them templates please, I'll send you a message with my email thanks paul

Comment

Templates from my 1898 Brunswick Pfister 6 Leg 5X10 Snooker Table I Installed new Northern Rubber a Month ago and it is awesome but following the original templates has left me with a table that Ronnie the Rocket would have trouble potting them on. I have attached the templates for both the Corner and Side Pockets. I am trying to hook up in the next couple of weeks with Terry Davidson for some coaching becasue I am having trouble running more then 20 and my high break is 31 making blacks from there spot is by far the toughest shot on the table and if the cue ball gets down below the black spot forget it. I look forward to your replies on what I should do with them and what size should I go to.
                  " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                  " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                  http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

I really wanna know how tight the star table is? Can someone measure corner pocket diameter for me please...

I'm from Thailand and when I watched snooker on telly, I noticed that pocket is bigger than club table I'm playing.

Comment

I am not sure on a star table but World Snooker are exactly 3-5/16" or 3.313" at the fall of the slate.
                      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

The problem is...'how do we define 'the fall of the slate'? Some people measure it across where the fall of the slate meets the cushion, some people measure it at the very end of the semi-circle while others measure it midway between these 2 points. I have never found a definition of how exactly to measure across the fall to get the correct dimensions for a pocket opening.

I do have a set of IBSF templates here and it appears their 3.3" (I believe it's actually 87mm or 85mm) is measured across the end of the arc of the fall as near as I can tell.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

528990_486864314705229_577817393_n.jpg
                          This is one of the official Star templates from my table. Let me know what i need to measure

Comment

Measure the template across the fall of the slate, meaning from end to end of the fall, not at the middle of it.

From the looks of that photo it appears the template is too far into the pocket as the fall of the slate should be right underneath the bottom curve of the template.

Another question regarding this string. Did everyone who wanted my template drawing get them? If not email me at 'terrydavidson45(at)gmail(dot)com' and I will email you the paper copies I have, which are pdf files to scale.

Terry
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

IMAG0018.jpg

Hello,

This is measured just at the fall. In the picture you might see just the little edge of it..
                              It's in mm and not inches since i live in Belgium

Grtz
                              Last edited by Staezione; 26 May 2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Hi Terry ,

there are 4 templates to a set one upper angle corner and one undercutt corner , plus one upper middle and one undercutt middle , the gold template in the photo of staezione that you are refering to is the main angle corner template not the undercutt template which has the curve of the fall on

you will not see the fall on the upper template as it covers it up. just as shown in the photo.

Geoff

Measure the template across the fall of the slate, meaning from end to end of the fall, not at the middle of it.

From the looks of that photo it appears the template is too far into the pocket as the fall of the slate should be right underneath the bottom curve of the template.

Another question regarding this string. Did everyone who wanted my template drawing get them? If not email me at 'terrydavidson45(at)gmail(dot)com' and I will email you the paper copies I have, which are pdf files to scale.

Terry
                                [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
                                X