Recovering 8ft table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovering 8ft table

Just got myself an absolute bargain, thurston jubilee 8ft table including a filing cabinet full of cues for £130 delivered, not bad considering they cost over £4000 new, only problem is needs re clothing, cushions look fine but cloth is ripped.
    So, how hard is it to re cloth a table, and what would i need, and if this isn't an easy job then how much to get it done professionally?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Any decent cues

Comment

No, but good for me to practice finishing, fitting ferrules, adding weight etc. there are 4 thurston popular cues and the rest are just pub type cues. Even though i got a proper bargain was still hoping for hidden treasure when i opened the cabinet up lol

Comment

I would say get someone good in and get a good job so you can move on with confidence and enjoy playing on it.
        If you did it yourself, you will always have that little niggle in the back of your mind about something or other.
        For such a bargain, you can afford the best.
        Isn't Geoff Large up near you? If not, he may know of a local table fitter?

With the cues, maybe sell them (for a small profit) to MW's Gav

ps, don't forget the before/during/after photos
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Geoff is in the Midlands but I bet he knows somebody.

I would second what you have said about getting an expert in.
          Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          I would say get someone good in and get a good job so you can move on with confidence and enjoy playing on it.
          If you did it yourself, you will always have that little niggle in the back of your mind about something or other.
          For such a bargain, you can afford the best.
          Isn't Geoff Large up near you? If not, he may know of a local table fitter?

With the cues, maybe sell them (for a small profit) to MW's Gav

ps, don't forget the before/during/after photos
          王可

Comment

There is a very good fitter called Harvey tel number 01298687197 , he services youre area . and is based in Manchester .

alternatley there are fitters based in blackpool http://www.blackpoolsnooker.co.uk/ , but not knowing them cannot say wether good or bad .
            Thurstons are based in liverpool .

I would try Harvey first , he is old school fitter and very good .

Do not skimp getting it recovered and set up ask for 6811 Tournament cloth , you may have got a Bagain buy due to the looks of the Jubilee model , they are good tables but not a lot of people like the formica finnish , and those rotunda legs
            £130 for the table , expect to pay around £200 to have it set up and £250 for a recover plus any nets and leathers that may be required , jubilee leathers are the largest leathers you can get .

http://www.thurston.co.uk/Pages/Prod...6&ItemID=T5412

if its just set up and recover a total of £580 paying for the table and having the work done is still very good .
            oh and it's the full sized tables that are £4000 I think the 8fts are a bit less . I stand corrected I have just had a look on the the thurston web site and they are over £4000 for the 8ft ...WOW
            Last edited by Geoff Large; 19 October 2012, 11:00 PM.
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Cheers Geoff, all leathers and nets are fine cushions don't look too bad either, they've just ripped the cloth when they took it apart, only quote i've got so far was for £425 just for a recover which i thought seemed a bit steep.
              I didn't know what i was getting bought it blind already dismantled and wrapped in cling film, really like it though, seems very well built despite the MDF shell. Lol

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                Cheers Geoff, all leathers and nets are fine cushions don't look too bad either, they've just ripped the cloth when they took it apart, only quote i've got so far was for £425 just for a recover which i thought seemed a bit steep.
                I didn't know what i was getting bought it blind already dismantled and wrapped in cling film, really like it though, seems very well built despite the MDF shell. Lol
                Never seen an MDF one , they where all Plywood with formica finnish , unless they have started making them in MDF ?
                The leveling device is very good on them , i take it that the 8ft only has two rotundas ? ( Legs )
                £425 for an 8ft recover ? a full size is normaly around £365/£385+ vat , although some do charge £450+ vat for a 12ft
                It may depend on how far they have to travel , if it was local to me I would charge £450 no vat all in for an 8ft recover and set up .
                But I may be tempted to travel up for £500 if you put me up overnight or pay for B&B . I may even get it all done in a day if I set out early enough .

I have worked up in the lake district before on the same deal . email me on c.large@btinternet.com or phone me 07753466064 or 01159725355.
                [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Was joking about the MDF, it's the same as in your picture but just the 2 legs. Was only ever intended as a practice table for the garage, now I have to convince my wife to let me take over the entire garage and fork out to have it set up, I've got some serious grovelling to do! Can't see it getting sorted this side of Christmas, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                  X