Steel Block Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Block Dimensions

Hello Every one. I've stripped down my snooker table in an attempt to put new bed and steel-block cushions.

I am going to build the steel blocks from steel plates myself. I don't have exact dimensions of them so can any one please help me in this regard.

At the moment what I am missing is the width and depth of the groove for fixing the cloth in it. Also the the distance from the edge of the steel-block.

Additionally the width and thickness of the wooden blocks is also needed that are installed at the end of each side of the steel plate.

What I know at the moment is as follows for the sake of information;

Steel block
    Thickness = 12mm
    Width = 4 inches
    Length= Depends upon the exact installed measurements of the slate and the pocket template.

For readers curiosity I am also building the bed myself. It is of marble instead of slate because it is easily available to me.
    I can share what I know in return with pictures.

Thank you very much for your help and support.

I wish you the very best of luck. You are a braver man than I am. How thick is the marble you have got?
    王可

Comment

I have a set , When i get a chance i will check the size for you.

I might not have all the sizes you need but will get you some info that my help,take it your not in the uk?

Comment

if you need a set of slates, i have two tables and i intend to use one so the other is available.

Comment

At least 45mm thick. My previous marble bed was 46mm, it was in 29 x 75 inch five pieces. This time I am planning to buy 3pcs of
          27 x 75 inch and 2pcs 32 x 75 inch in order for the bolt holes to adjust at least 3 inches away from the 2nd slab corner.

Thanks for your interest anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by chas6868 View Post

I might not have all the sizes you need but will get you some info that my help,take it your not in the uk?
            It would be an awful favor indeed! I am visiting my family these days out of the UK.

Comment

Thank you for your offer but I am out of country and I can buy 5 sets of marble snooker beds here for the collective price of the slate and the shipment. Also, marble is stronger than the slate and won't sag too!
              Last edited by hsn; 6 January 2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

still waiting for your sizes bro.
                Originally Posted by chas6868 View Post

Comment

If you still want the sizes i can give mine. Withing 2 hours i will be reclotting my Riley steels

Comment

I am very late to see your message mate. Yes I still need the sizes. Any one please!
                    Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
                    If you still want the sizes i can give mine. Withing 2 hours i will be reclotting my Riley steels

Comment

Working...
                    X