Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building my own table

Hi,

I am a French player (sorry for my english) and I want to build my own table 9 feet.

I can not find specific plans as detailed as possible. Do you have any links or documents for me?

Do you also have an idea (and one or more vendors) tariff for the slate in this dimension?

Thank you in advance,

Tables are so cheap at present I can't believe it would be economically viable to make onw, unless you just wanted to try to get the satisfaction. I think a set of slates would probably not be much cheaper than buying an old table!
    王可

Comment

Unfortunately, in France, there are very few tables used (snooker is really not played).
      And a new 10-ft worth over £ 3200 ....
      For now, I see no other solution than to build mine. And of course, the satisfaction of playing on his own is a great motivation.

Comment

Look to import one from the UK.
        In our local paper a few weeks ago there was a snooker table for sale for 250 pounds.

Comment

I have got two full size tables that we do not need... Any reasonable offers . tables are dismantled and ready to go.....

Comment

For 9' slates just look here:

http://gclbilliards.com/blog/category/for-sale/

There are 9' tables for sale for very little. I doubt if you would get just the slates for much less.
            王可

Comment

I can give you the details and plans. Please let me know what exactly you want to know.
              Originally Posted by Sotica View Post
              Hi,

I am a French player (sorry for my english) and I want to build my own table 9 feet.

I can not find specific plans as detailed as possible. Do you have any links or documents for me?

Do you also have an idea (and one or more vendors) tariff for the slate in this dimension?

Thank you in advance,

Comment

Merci mais cela est trop cher pour importer cela de uk :-(
                Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                Look to import one from the UK.
                In our local paper a few weeks ago there was a snooker table for sale for 250 pounds.

Comment

Thank you but it is too expensive to import it from uk :-(

Comment

Thank you for the web link, the tables are beautiful!
                    Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                    For 9' slates just look here:

http://gclbilliards.com/blog/category/for-sale/

There are 9' tables for sale for very little. I doubt if you would get just the slates for much less.

Comment

In fact, I need all the dimensions (height, width etc ...) as well as for gabaris pockets.

I intend to build everything from A to Z and it is not easy to find this information.

Originally Posted by hsn View Post
                      I can give you the details and plans. Please let me know what exactly you want to know.

Comment

Thank you for the offer but it is too expensive to import uk because, in addition, we must consider the reassembly of the table ...
                        Originally Posted by Ossie View Post
                        I have got two full size tables that we do not need... Any reasonable offers . tables are dismantled and ready to go.....

Comment

A man in a van could do it for under a hundred euros including ferry or eurostar and surely it would be easier to reassemble a ready made table than make one from scratch? I don't know but have seen unwanted tables going for not much more than a hundred on eBay so you should be able to get one set up for a few hundred euros all in?

Comment

Clubs give em away for free these days.

Comment

As said elsewhere with Rileys closing so many branches it is going to increase supply of second hand tables in an already glutted market! It is just how it was in the old days before colour TV revolutionised the fortunes of the game. Back in the sixties you couldn't get anything for a table. In fact you actually had to pay somebody to take them away. What didn't get actually tipped would end up with slates used as counter tops and frames as kindling for coal fires. Then, of course, when demand was outstripping supply everybody who had given a table away regretted having done so.

It is good, in a way, that anybody wanting a table can now afford one but it isn't good for the game. Certainly in the past 40 years there has never been a better time to buy!
                              王可

Comment

Working...
                              X