Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAINSWORTH MATCH V 6811 TOURNAMENT 30oz

Hello,

which would you recommend to go on our match table - Riley aristocrat. Opinions please?

The Milliken West of England 6811 Cloth is more popular. That's why I had that on my table. No point practicing on a cloth that you'll only play on 1 out of every 4/5 tables.

I find the Hainsworth was a touch faster when our club did the 'which cloth' test but the 6811 was more durable.

I am told that you can scorch the hainsworth cloth with the snooker iron as it has a part nylon content. I am yet to see this though for myself.

Comment

no.10 Strachan, best cloth ever made

Comment

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
        no.10 Strachan, best cloth ever made
        Arguably the best... and from what ive had back in feedback its overpriced, poor lifespan and durability 5-6 month at most with daily use, so not economical or sensible for a working mens club that needs a years use out of a cloth

unfortunately not the help im in need of.

regards

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          The Milliken West of England 6811 Cloth is more popular. That's why I had that on my table. No point practicing on a cloth that you'll only play on 1 out of every 4/5 tables.

I find the Hainsworth was a touch faster when our club did the 'which cloth' test but the 6811 was more durable.

I am told that you can scorch the hainsworth cloth with the snooker iron as it has a part nylon content. I am yet to see this though for myself.
          We have had both cloths on the table the match 1st about 2 year ago and last year was replaced with a 6811, we always thought the hainsworth was faster, this is what has really led me to questioning should we go back to or not....

Comment

Originally Posted by drury1986 View Post
            We have had both cloths on the table the match 1st about 2 year ago and last year was replaced with a 6811, we always thought the hainsworth was faster, this is what has really led me to questioning should we go back to or not....
            I used to think this but a lot depends on the batch of cloth you have. Some batches are good, others not so. We had hainsworth on a few of our tables on our last re-cover and I like the fact they played quick but having just had 2 of our tables re-covered with 6811 tournament this cloth seems the better balance between speed and control. Probably not quite as quick as the Hainsworth but I do find the cueball to be more reactive and easier to control, yet the previous 6811's we had were not as good as this cloth. So I can only presume its pot luck as to the batch quality you get.

In all honesty there is not a lot between them, one thing I know for sure, the hainsworth is bit thicker so will probably last longer, especially if you have a range of players that are likely to abuse the cloth with miss cues etc, I think the Hainsworth will stand up to that more than the strachan.

Comment

It really does depend what you want to do with it! Where is it, how much use will it get and how frequently do you intend to replace it? There is no single answer.
              王可

Comment

i agree with the good batches and bad (6811) it does seem to vary , no matter what cloth i think if its taken care of then it should play ok, i think 6811 is the way to go ,along with 34oz on the rails , this rail cloth makes the rails less jumpy and lasts alot longer than 6811 on cushions, especially in the pockets.

Comment

well the 6811 we have on at moment hasnt lasted at all well, its 6 month or so into being recovered, personally dont think having a stretch will do too much to improve... i am a bit wooried about this batch problems so to speak, maybe we have a bad one on at moment... I am hinting towards the hainsworth, might arrange pop down to the HQ see thats based in leeds and get their opinions, i spoke with strachan for info from them also...

its an important recover this time as it will be end of our service contract we have so has to be right this time, not getting a bad batch etc...

Comment

getting mine recovered week tomoz with 6811 tournament...will give my opinions then
                    H.b.142

Comment

I personally believe that the quality control in Milliken is awful. I've had a No.10 that played like a 6811 club, and another that is so fast, it can be hard to stop the white lol I think that Hainsworth cloth, from one to the next is more consistent.

On a like for like, between the 6811 Tournament vs Hainsworth Smart, I'd have to go with the 6811.
                      For 6811 Tournament vs Hainsworth Match, I'd probably go with Hainsworth.
                      For No.10 vs Hainsworth, I'd go No.10.

The one I don't know about, and if anyone has any info on it, I'd like to hear your experiences, is the Hainsworth Precision. Is this supposed to be the same as a No.10 or more towards a good club cloth?

Comment

Hello, just joined the forum and seen these historic emails. Im in the process of building a snooker room for myself for a full sized snooker table. Was going to get Strachan 6811 cloth, then my table restorer guy said he used to use this, but now told me this "We've stopped using strachans after 70 years and now prefer Hainsworth's but you can face whatever you would like . I can still get it in but the Hainsworth's is made in pudsey whereas the strachans is imported . There's very little to choose between them and when strachans were winterbothams snd made in Stroud it was the best." From your experiences has anyone got any advice. I have had century breaks so of a fairly good standard (I was anyway :-) )

Comment

My Strachan 6811 is one of the old ones. I could not be happier with it.
                          王可

Comment

Get some postings done and then I can PM you. I think you have to do 10 before the PM facility is available.
                            王可

Comment

Thanks Philip

Comment

Working...
                              X