spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spots

We've just had a new cloth on the club table and I'm generally happy about it except for the stick-on ball spots which a) cause the colours to roll off when you spot them b) have started peeling off. The guy who put them on warned me not to try re-marking the table in any way before he comes back to re-stretch the cloth in 6-9 months as the markings could be in the wrong place. Any suggestions either about stick-on spots that may actually work properly, or maybe about some form of marking which would not necessarily be permanent so that the re-stretching would not be affected?

I've heard people talk about those little round spots you get from stationary stores as something cheap you can replace easily. Never tried it myself though.
    Hate it when they use giant spots though I have no objection to clubs using spots in general.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Yes I use the small stationary spots , but you also have to iron over them to make them stick to the cloth , when seating a ball on the spot for the first few times , get another ball and gently click it over the spotted ball to seat it , just pass click across the top of the ball is enough , do not hammer it in .

You can try and search for green spots , these are the next best thing to no spots at all , as they are hard to see when playing , but enough to see when spotting a ball .

they mostly come in white or black though , green are harder to source , but just google for them .

spots are there to protect the cloth from spot wear , the cloth has to last more than the two days a cloth is on at the crucible . and never use permanent marker to mark out or ink markers , I also do not like the white tippex pens some fitters use , I do use it if a customer asks for it , but it is not good to eraze when retretching a cloth , a soft leaded black pencil is good enough , white is for the camera to pick up that all .

Geoff Large
      www.gclbilliards.com
      Last edited by Geoff Large; 2 March 2013, 06:57 AM.
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Geoff , is it right you dont need to re-stretch a hainsworth smart full size cloth

Thanks Charles

Comment

I have a few cards of green spots , they stick much better than the black ones , send me your details and i,ll send you some .

Comment

hi hotpot, what type do you have, diameter, number per card, etc
            cheers

[also, thanks for the comfirmation of the Porper Grazer, I got one from joerackem in US fantastic little tool cheers]
            Last edited by DeanH; 2 March 2013, 10:05 AM.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Not sure of the size muck , i would say they are about 1 mm larger than the standard black ones . They use them in work so i had a few cards . Yes muck i use my trimmer on every tip i fit .

Comment

If i can get any more i will send you some Dean .

Comment

I did see on ebay, etc., loads of sheets of green small spots but somethings at hundreds of the light blighters
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by chas6868 View Post
                    Geoff , is it right you dont need to re-stretch a hainsworth smart full size cloth

Thanks Charles
                    no charles smart is the same grade as 6811 it also is recommended for restretch , it is only the no10 strachan and hainsworth match that is not realy stretched , but it can be stretched if not worn too thin , they are as thin as toilet paper from new , so not much wear in them
                    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
                    X