Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full size table, sliced in half?

Was wondering about this last night...

Effectively a 6ft square table, with only 4 pockets, but to the same height, ball size, pocket size, etc, as a full size 12 x 6ft table?

Has this ever been done? Would be a much better size for household practising on the shorter shots?

You would need to use the first three slates so you have the middle pockets. Slate size would be approx 86.4 x 73.5 inches. cushions would approx add 1 foot. Ideal room size approx 13ft x 16ft. Have often thought about making this but nobody has expressed an interest. Perhaps if I made one then a buyer could be found.

Comment

Originally Posted by maryfield View Post
      You would need to use the first three slates so you have the middle pockets. Slate size would be approx 86.4 x 73.5 inches. cushions would approx add 1 foot. Ideal room size approx 13ft x 16ft. Have often thought about making this but nobody has expressed an interest. Perhaps if I made one then a buyer could be found.
      Much more managable than a 24ft x 18ft room, or whatever a full size table would need.

You should make one, if you have the skills... I can trial it for you lol

Comment

Think I could manage one. Maybe over the summer.

Comment

These tables used to be available exactly as you have described. Maybe one of our historians could give more details.
          王可

Comment

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post

Effectively a 6ft square table, with only 4 pockets, but to the same height, ball size, pocket size, etc, as a full size 12 x 6ft table?

Has this ever been done? Would be a much better size for household practising on the shorter shots?
            Many years ago i saw pictures of such a table, but smaller. It was designed for practicing billiards "top of the table" play. it was 6ft by around 4ft, and had only two pockets and a black spot. the photo's I saw from memory showed Walter Lindrum practicing on one.

Such a table would be good for a keen player at home, as it would not take up much room, and could be used for practising black end play.

Comment

Many years ago i saw pictures of such a table, but smaller. It was designed for practicing billiards "top of the table" play. it was 6ft by around 4ft, and had only two pockets and a black spot. the photo's I saw from memory showed Walter Lindrum practicing on one.

Such a table would be good for a keen player at home, as it would not take up much room, and could be used for practising black end play.

Comment

Philip is correct, some manufacturers actually had them on their brochures I think
                6x6 (just over actually as the middle pockets were available so probably 6x7), there is another thread about this very subject.

found it
                http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...snooker-table-!

but cannot find the other thread
                Last edited by DeanH; 9 May 2013, 08:08 AM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I think this would be a better alternative to a smaller snooker table or a pool table.

Please make one Bill! I'd love to see the completed design.

Comment

That's interesting... I didn't think it would be something new, but had never really seen or heard anything like it.

Comment

When you get old, and cynical, you will find there are very few new ideas, just different ways of doing old ones.

That's interesting... I didn't think it would be something new, but had never really seen or heard anything like it.
                      王可

Comment

Working...
                      X