X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring me a boomerang back mate

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
      I would suggest you have never played on a Star table with pockets that are template, believe me the pro's are not playing on such a table. I'm 77 and been playing since I was 15, believe me there would be no hundreds if the tables were strictly template. You sound like you are a fair player according to the breaks you claim to have made and if so, the tables you were playing on were not template as you suggest IMO, makes it very hard to believe have you never thought of turning pro as you would more than likely be in the first half dozen. I can guarantee no pro would make a century break on my table which is genuinely template. I would post a picture however I do not know how to post it.
      Blinky I have no idea what standard snooker is at in Australia but players who make centuries are ten a penny over here( no offence to those that do) walk into any club and there will more than likely be at least a handful,I don't know why you question Lennons high break claims. You should put some money up, make it worth his while and I'm sure Robbo will have a crack on your table next time he's home, your money will be safe anyway because he can't make a century on your table.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I would suggest you have never played on a Star table with pockets that are template, believe me the pro's are not playing on such a table. I'm 77 and been playing since I was 15, believe me there would be no hundreds if the tables were strictly template. You sound like you are a fair player according to the breaks you claim to have made and if so, the tables you were playing on were not template as you suggest IMO, makes it very hard to believe have you never thought of turning pro as you would more than likely be in the first half dozen. I can guarantee no pro would make a century break on my table which is genuinely template. I would post a picture however I do not know how to post it.
        Surely a joke post ???

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          Is this another 'pro pockets are bigger' thread?

If it is, then I can shed some light on this.

They are not bigger.
          They are tighter.
          If you disagree...
          You are wrong.
          No room for debate, you are wrong.
          perfect answer...spot on.done.
          H.b.142

Comment

Does it matter? Get on and play, and enjoy the game.
            王可

Comment

I spoke to two pros today who both played in the Welsh Open, one of which played on the televised table, both players said to me that the pocket sizes are not opened/cut to make the game easier and are to tournament specs.

Tight-

Cheers-Happy potting

Comment

Hi pottr,

I will bet you AU$1,000 on making a century on my table which would give a free holiday should you dare to come and take this bet. I've come across many players such as you in my day, making claims that IMO are simply not true.

I have also played on a STAR table absolutely to template with no undercut on the cushions and found it extremely difficult to make a sizable break. I will also bet you another AU$1,000 you cannot make an 80 break on that table.

$2,000 if you prove to be as good as you say.

Cheers,
                Bob

PS: Still waiting on a reply from Terry Griffith
                Last edited by blinky88; 24 February 2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Hi pottr,

I will bet you AU$1,000 on making a century on my table which would give a free holiday should you dare to come and take this bet. I've come across many players such as you in my day, making claims that IMO are simply not true.

I have also played on a STAR table absolutely to template with no undercut on the cushions and found it extremely difficult to make a sizable break. I will also bet you another AU$1,000 you cannot make an 80 break on that table.

$2,000 if you prove to be as good as you say.

Cheers,
                  Bob

PS: Still waiting on a reply from Terry Griffith
                  Obviously Wum.boring.
                  H.b.142

Comment

binky's photos

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Pocket Drawings

Not gonna happen though, is it?

I know I'm right.

You're supposed to measure pockets at the start of the fall

Comment

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                          Not gonna happen though, is it?

I know I'm right.

You're supposed to measure pockets at the start of the fall
                          No wonder he can't make a ton, that wallpaper would blind you after five minutes.

Think it's disrespectful to say professionals are playing on easy tables otherwise they would never make a century. Plenty ton makers on the forum and we all know the professionals are on another planet.

Comment

After all that the pockets aren't 3 1/4.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

If we can get this bloke to put his house on it, it might be worth clubbing together to ship pottr over there to start the TSF property fund.

There's a table (think it's an old billiard spec) at my preferred snooker club that is equally tight. Tables that tight are tricky, but far from unplayable.

Comment

Pocket Drawings

Just realised he bet me I can't make an 80 on a Star.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've tonned up on Star tables a good 20 odd times at least. Against main tour pros in my time too.

Comment

Working...
                                X