No announcement yet.

Pocket Drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guarantee the tables you play on are not template .... for you this really is easy money. The template size is 3 3/8", a closer look at the photo's will confirm this, a free holiday for a talented player such as you. I'll go a step further, my youngest Son who is who 54 plays a reasonable game and I'll back him at AU$100 a frame, 6 frames a day for one week.

I'm 77 not the player I once was and a player with a record like you would have no trouble making a century on me.

A free holiday down-under with plenty of cash on the table, be sure you come with plenty in your pocket.
    Last edited by blinky88; 25 February 2016, 12:58 AM.

Comment

You make many claims to be an exceptional player, easy money to make playing a 77 year old with one good leg. Botched spinal surgery has left me with one good leg.The tape measure is at the is slightly after the fall at the fall it is exactly 3 1/3", open your eyes.A local room has a STAR TABLE strictly template easy money for a player with your talent Markz I guess you do not have a snooker room to criticize the wallpaper in my room so let me also add everyone who has been in my room has praised my chose of wallpaper IMO your just a goose with a big mouth with really nothing to say.

I must add O'Sullivan is the greatest player I have ever seen and I have seen the best at their best.

Dean your template drawing is exactly right, very hard to get such a drawing, thank you for your help, appreciated.
      Last edited by blinky88; 25 February 2016, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
        You make many claims to be an exceptional player, easy money to make playing a 77 year old with one good leg. Botched spinal surgery has left me with one good leg.The tape measure is at the is slightly after the fall at the fall it is exactly 3 1/3", open your eyes. Markz I guess you do not have a snooker room to criticize the wallpaper in my room so let me also add everyone who has been in my room has praised my chose of wallpaper IMO your just a goose with really nothing to say.
        Your another member who thinks his opinion is the only one that counts. You must really love the game to slag off all the professionals that have played snooker for many years. To say they would never make a single century on pockets cut to official size is nonsense. Just my opinion though. I've never played professional snooker so wouldn't comment on the size of the pockets as I'd be guessing.

Comment

In my younger days I beat every pro Down-under incl. Charlton, Paddy Morgan, Ian Anderson and won the Champion of Champions in CITY TATTS in Sydney. Champion of Manly Leagues, Dee Why RSL and Manly Civic Club, they were the only clubs I was a member of. Played No.1 for Manly for 8 years and won 95% of all my matches.

As I said in the first instance the pros are not playing on tables that are strictly template.

With respect, still waiting to hear from Terry Griffith.
          Last edited by blinky88; 25 February 2016, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I have never stated the pros would not make centuries, that said, there would not be as many as there are now.

Comment

Pocket Drawings

Well... again to put things simply, you're wrong.

All the best x

Comment

I would suggest you have never played on a Star table with pockets that are template, believe me the pro's are not playing on such a table. I'm 77 and been playing since I was 15, believe me there would be no hundreds if the tables were strictly template. You sound like you are a fair player according to the breaks you claim to have made and if so, the tables you were playing on were not template as you suggest IMO, makes it very hard to believe have you never thought of turning pro as you would more than likely be in the first half dozen. I can guarantee no pro would make a century break on my table which is genuinely template. I would post a picture however I do not know how to post it.
                New to forum, into the deep end. I agree that the Star template isn't used by WS, they have a template at 3 3/8'' rather than the 3 1/4'' Star prefer. Pros would still make a ton a 3 1/4'' table (old billiard spec) but not as many IMO and they'd stuggle for 147s.

Comment

I have played on Star Tables with the manufacturer's template and also with the WPBSA template. The manufacturer's template was a bit tighter however I watched good players knocking in tons, for instance Scott Donaldson. I played Sam Baird on one of them and he had a 145 plus a couple more centuries. I think players in some countries just don't recognize how good some of the players in the UK are. If you think about it they have a smaller geographical area jammed with lots of good players to compete against and logic dictates they will improve more than say an Australian or Canadian who has to travel 1,000 miles for good competition.
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    I have played on Star Tables with the manufacturer's template and also with the WPBSA template. The manufacturer's template was a bit tighter however I watched good players knocking in tons, for instance Scott Donaldson. I played Sam Baird on one of them and he had a 145 plus a couple more centuries. I think players in some countries just don't recognize how good some of the players in the UK are. If you think about it they have a smaller geographical area jammed with lots of good players to compete against and logic dictates they will improve more than say an Australian or Canadian who has to travel 1,000 miles for good competition.
                    Scott Donaldson, class cueist.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Hi Terry,

I thank you for that info as I have been trying to explain on another thread the pockets on the tables the pro's are playing on are 3 1/2", whereby the template size clearly shows 3.3" .... undercut cushions also make potting a ball a lot easier. I have no reason to want the pockets template as it could become very boring to watch, after all it is a great to watch centuries being made.

pottr, I believe Terry would know and agrees the pockets are 3 1/2" .... have a look at the template.
                      http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...Drawings/page8

Cheers from down-under,
                      Bob
                      Last edited by blinky88; 25 February 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

hi binky
                        I popped up the image to show where the "fall" of the pocket is.
                        Also, I got this image and others from Terry D some years ago, so I think he knows them very well
                        In the other images there are differing measurements as per institution they come from. I believe the image I put up is WPBSA template but not entirely sure, it could be IBSF (Terry or was it the other files that were IBSF?)
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          hi binky
                          I popped up the image to show where the "fall" of the pocket is.
                          Also, I got this image and others from Terry D some years ago, so I think he knows them very well
                          In the other images there are differing measurements as per institution they come from. I believe the image I put up is WPBSA template but not entirely sure, it could be IBSF (Terry or was it the other files that were IBSF?)
                          I have no idea and don't really care as I know the Star tables are tight and I think they should only be used by accomplished players. The statement regarding 'no centuries' on these Star tables in Australia is complete hogwash though (in my opinion).
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

I have no idea and don't really care
                            no need to be rude, only asking the person who gave me the files in the first place

as I know the Star tables are tight and I think they should only be used by accomplished players. The statement regarding 'no centuries' on these Star tables in Australia is complete hogwash though (in my opinion).
                            yep agree, I am sure many pro players (and others, top amateurs etc.) could easily get centuries on tight tables, as they have to for a living get used to tables quickly, else they are out of the event quickly and no prize money :wink:
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Well Sam Baird sure did impress me, I think he came very close to beating the Jester and making the final. He plays very very well, I will be keeping an eye on this guy... did you manage to get a frame....
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Hi Terry,

I thank you for that info as I have been trying to explain on another thread the pockets on the tables the pro's are playing on are 3 1/2", whereby the template size clearly shows 3.3" .... undercut cushions also make potting a ball a lot easier. I have no reason to want the pockets template as it could become very boring to watch, after all it is a great to watch centuries being made.

pottr, I believe Terry would know and agrees the pockets are 3 1/2" .... have a look at the template.
                                http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...Drawings/page8

Cheers from down-under,
                                Bob
                                According to this month's Snooker Scene the pockets are supposed to be 3-5/8ths, not 3-1/2".
                                Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                                X