Pocket Drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
    Well Sam Baird sure did impress me, I think he came very close to beating the Jester and making the final. He plays very very well, I will be keeping an eye on this guy... did you manage to get a frame....
    We played 9 frames and I managed to win one with a 60-odd break.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      According to this month's Snooker Scene the pockets are supposed to be 3-5/8ths, not 3-1/2".
      Nine ball here we come lol.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        According to this month's Snooker Scene the pockets are supposed to be 3-5/8ths, not 3-1/2".
        For which org is this, ISBF or WS?

Can you scan that article and put it up, I'd like to see this please.
        Last edited by focus; 29 February 2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
          Well Sam Baird sure did impress me, I think he came very close to beating the Jester and making the final. He plays very very well, I will be keeping an eye on this guy... did you manage to get a frame....
          Sam's practice table is a peach. But it ain't to true Star spec. Actually, it's not a Star at all. lol

Comment

from what I seen from the documents I have (all at fall)
            WPBSA = 3.3" = 3 5/16" =84mm
            ISBF = 84mm
            B&SCC = 3.5" = 89mm

but take into account hat the IBSF the curve of the entrance is sharper and hence "tighter" than the WPBSA curve.
            And, probably more importantly, on the ISBF the fall starts further into the pocket, by roughly 4-5mm, than the WPBSA fall.
            so the IBSF is tighter curve and the drop is further into the pocket so makes them a harder pocket.

I am not sure what a "Star" template is as no one seems to have details; but I would have thought they matched the WPBSA for snooker events; and ISBF for their events; what you get personally or at a club I am sure would be down to the buyer/club owner :biggrin:
            as mentioned the three tables at my club range from one at 81mm through to 90mm
            not got my copy of SnookerScene yet, so will look out for the article
            As you all my recall, many years ago (late 80s?) Clive Everton tried to campaign that WPBSA allow their templates to be bought by anyone, and not kept just for their fitters; I believe they did release some sets but stopped quite quickly.
            Clive Everton (and Snooker Scene) have been at loggerheads with WPBSA about this very subject
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              ISBF = 84mm
              B&SCC = 3.5" = 89mm
              It is worth noting that both the IBSF and B&SCC pockets are undercut, unlike the WPBSA.

Comment

Originally Posted by focus View Post
                Sam's practice table is a peach. But it ain't to true Star spec. Actually, it's not a Star at all. lol
                So what? I played him on a templated Star table at the SouthWest Snooker Academy and he looked pretty good to me.

You seem to be one of those individuals that just have to get the last word in.
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  ISBF = 84mm
                  B&SCC = 3.5" = 89mm

but take into account hat the IBSF the curve of the entrance is sharper and hence "tighter" than the WPBSA curve.
                  And, probably more importantly, on the ISBF the fall starts further into the pocket, by roughly 4-5mm, than the WPBSA fall.
                  so the IBSF is tighter curve and the drop is further into the pocket so makes them a harder pocket.

I am not sure what a "Star" template is as no one seems to have details; but I would have thought they matched the WPBSA for snooker events; and ISBF for their events; what you get personally or at a club I am sure would be down to the buyer/club owner :biggrin:
                  as mentioned the three tables at my club range from one at 81mm through to 90mm
                  not got my copy of SnookerScene yet, so will look out for the article
                  As you all my recall, many years ago (late 80s?) Clive Everton tried to campaign that WPBSA allow their templates to be bought by anyone, and not kept just for their fitters; I believe they did release some sets but stopped quite quickly.
                  Clive Everton (and Snooker Scene) have been at loggerheads with WPBSA about this very subject
                  81! Nearly fell off my seat, if I made red colour on that I would do a lap of honour.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    81! Nearly fell off my seat, if I made red colour on that I would do a lap of honour.
                    yep, as mentioned elsewhere, that table is the one most do not want to play on :wink:
                    and just what, the last time it was reclothed the fitter was asked to "open up" the pockets!
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      yep, as mentioned elsewhere, that table is the one most do not want to play on :wink:
                      and just what, the last time it was reclothed the fitter was asked to "open up" the pockets!
                      I play on 3.5 inch tables so that 87 mm, is that right? Jeez that's some difference, hats off to the players on the 3.25 tables

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I play on 3.5 inch tables so that 87 mm, is that right? Jeez that's some difference, hats off to the players on the 3.25 tables
                        3.5" is actually 88.9 ☺

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          3.5" is actually 88.9 ☺
                          Aye rub it in why don't cha!

Comment

• Hi Terry, do mind emailing me the drawings IBSF and WPBSA pocket templates. My email address is: bradfieldd@yahoo.com

Comment

• It just occurred to me. If you have the dimensions, would it be possible to 3D print a set of templates?
                              王可

Comment

• Hi Philip thats not a bad idea. If only someone can post the latest drawings of the IBSF & WPBSA templates.

Comment

Working...
                                X