Dus this sound daft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dus this sound daft

Got a chance of a Full size snooker table but no ware in my house to fit it.so was going to get a price to rent a storage room down ware a work but don't no how much rent per month would cost? So to cover cost of rent thinking of trying to get few fellow players to play difrent nights and pay say £5 per night to cover rent would have 24 hour access so am a just going snooker loopy or could it work :snooker:

Living the dream mate, living the dream
    24 hours access ??? may need heating/cooling tho

Comment

Yes it will have lights n power points extra.if only could win loto and live the dream mate

Comment

Why wouldn't it work? If you don't try you will regret it the rest of your life.

From what you say it sounds as if you have very little to lose. Make sure the room is at least 6.6 x 4.8 metres, though. A bit bigger is better.
        王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
          Why wouldn't it work? If you don't try you will regret it the rest of your life.

From what you say it sounds as if you have very little to lose. Make sure the room is at least 6.6 x 4.8 metres, though. A bit bigger is better.
          Yes a agree if a don't try al never no it's just getting enuf people to play to pay rent off room

Comment

I've been thinking about doing exactly the same thing so I'd be interested to know how it goes and if you could get enough interested parties to contribute.

Comment

I did a few calculations a couple of weeks ago, after having a similar idea.

I calculated that - With fuel costs - If I visited the snooker hall myself for two hours once a week, it'd cost £700 per year.

I reckon I could get a wooden building and S/H table set up for around £5k.

As yourself, I just need to get a place to put it!

Comment

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
                I did a few calculations a couple of weeks ago, after having a similar idea.

I calculated that - With fuel costs - If I visited the snooker hall myself for two hours once a week, it'd cost £700 per year.

I reckon I could get a wooden building and S/H table set up for around £5k.

As yourself, I just need to get a place to put it!
                A phoned a guy next to ware a stay he said he would assemble a table for £100 so a think if a get people to play certain nights it could work

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
                  A phoned a guy next to ware a stay he said he would assemble a table for £100 so a think if a get people to play certain nights it could work
                  Thats some amount of work for £100 mate then theres the recover which is not cheap
                  dont forget

Comment

There was a guy on here cazmac1 I think, who was meant to be doing a similar venture in London, but he got banned and heard nothing more, he did come across as a compulsive liar though... Though I do think it can work if you can get at least 20 people interested...
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Across Europe, having a private members club where people get together and do as you describe is very common.
                      yep it was Cazmac1
                      shame, did seem a good idea.
                      was there not items such as insurance, agreements, etc with such as scheme - sorry

did not mean to rain on the parade, I do seriously think it is a great idea and one I would seriously consider if we did not have a nice social club just down the road.

Also, must say, £100 to assemble a table
                      sounds dangerously low to me
                      I think I would check that the guy has references of previous work, etc.
                      and get quotes from other fitters if you can
                      get the table right first time and you will have many years of pleasurable play
                      Last edited by DeanH; 18 June 2013, 07:47 PM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Across Europe, having a private members club where people get together and do as you describe is very common.
                        yep it was Cazmac1
                        shame, did seem a good idea.
                        was there not items such as insurance, agreements, etc with such as scheme - sorry
                        The guy sounds genuine he also had table to
                        did not mean to rain on the parade, I do seriously think it is a great idea and one I would seriously consider if we did not have a nice social club just down the road.

Also, must say, £100 to assemble a table
                        sounds dangerously low to me
                        I think I would check that the guy has references of previous work, etc.
                        and get quotes from other fitters if you can
                        get the table right first time and you will have many years of pleasurable play
                        The guy was recommended to me wen a called sims pool in glasgow he also had a table for sale

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
                          The guy was recommended to me wen a called sims pool in glasgow he also had a table for sale
                          assemble with cloth as well?
                          there are many tables for sale at the moment some nice old ones for very reasonable money, I am so tempted to start a potting shed of my own - luckily the garden is more than big enough...
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            assemble with cloth as well?
                            there are many tables for sale at the moment some nice old ones for very reasonable money, I am so tempted to start a potting shed of my own - luckily the garden is more than big enough...
                            Al nead to call him and ask bout cloth a asked him today if a picked up the table how much would he take to assemble it he said £100 if a gave him a hand

Comment

Good luck with that. If you are charging guys to play you need the table to be 100%.

I have just managed to source a table fitter for mine so it should be going up in about 10 days time.
                              王可

Comment

Working...
                              X