Levelling a table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levelling a table

Hi guys I was hoping someone might be able to offer some expert advice. Recently my local club had their match table re clothed and since it was re clothed it has developed terrible rolls all over the place, now is this possibly down to the fitting?
    What I think it more likely the cause is the floor which is terribly uneven in that particular part of the club. The floor seems to be like this due to the heating pipes under the floor I believe. The table is then on some sort of carpeted piece of wood about an inch or 2 thick, I should have taken photos to demonstrate.
    Now I really feel for the club that have had the cloth redone at a cost of £320 on a table (or possibly floor) that isn't level as it is their match table. So I have come here to see what people think, can the table be levelled even on an uneven floor? Should the fitter have checked if it was level when fitting the new cloth to the bed and rubbers? What is the cost of levelling a table?
    I'm going to take some photos and give a better explained post as I know that one above doesn't explain it very well but any advice will be appreciated
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Just had on my table a new no10 cloth and 6811 on the cushions, fitment by World Snooker. Cost £550 and that was with the relevel. However, the relevel is automatically done, they check slate joins also and everything else before the new no10 goes on, great job completed. The fitter that done your club table should have checked the levels and rectified them, so the table he did is like a unfinished job, maybe hence the £320 price he charged.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Ok that's what I thought, its really bad as well mate, rolls all over the place so it seems a lot worse than before the new cloth was fitted. Im gutted for them as they aren't a big business and cant afford more costs. Who would you recommend to have it sorted? The club is in northampton. I think I may have to pay for the work myself, 50-50 or something

Comment

He paid £200 less because the quality of cloth will be lesser but £320 is a bit cheap.

The fitter should have levelled the table before fitting the cloth after cleaning the slates. It doesn't take much time.

Geoff Large on this forum is based in the Midlands. Perhaps send him a pm

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          He paid £200 less because the quality of cloth will be lesser but £320 is a bit cheap.

The fitter should have levelled the table before fitting the cloth after cleaning the slates. It doesn't take much time.

Geoff Large on this forum is based in the Midlands. Perhaps send him a pm
          Thanks pottr I have spoken to Geoff via email and also phoned him today, he is coming to sort a couple of tables out in late July

Comment

Working...
          X