Buy snooker table in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy snooker table in China

Anyone has experience of buying a table in China or India?
    The prices i see are between 1000 and 3000 dollar for a table. (New Star table for example)
    Also what would it cost to ship this?

Not an advisable route to take. Chinese tables a crap. If your buying a table a fully restored UK made table by RILEY, Karnehm and Hillman or BCE is the way to go. Once the woodwork has been properly restored and new rubbers and cloth fitted you will have a far superior product than any Chinese table.

Comment

I would agree 100% with Maryfield.

As you will readily imagine I have played on numerous Chinese tables and have never found one fit to be compared with my Burroughes & Watts in Europe.
      王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
        I would agree 100% with Maryfield.

As you will readily imagine I have played on numerous Chinese tables and have never found one fit to be compared with my Burroughes & Watts in Europe.
        I am with Philip, I have an old mid 1920's Burroughs n Watts and would not trade it for any of those new tables. Mine is solid oak inside and out. Most of the new China tables are pretty on the outside but full of pressed board on the inside and we all know what happens to pressed board when it gets damp. This photo just happens to have Cliff Thorburn playing the background. He is a friend of mine and loves the table.

image.jpg
        Last edited by lesedwards; 24 February 2014, 01:15 PM.
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Trying to upload some images but my computer seems to be unwilling to help. Will try again when I have had some technical assistance.
          王可

Comment

Speak to his man. He can help locate a table for you dismantle it and possibly ship it. Comes highly recommended.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ber.php?u=3559

Comment

Working...
            X