• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooker room - Things to consider

you can always use photobucket and copy the IMG code into your post
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing photos as you go. Being a custom home builder I would have taken a guess at $30,000 to $40,000 turn key including table. Exterior 2x6 construction with R20 Insulation, board n batten, 5/12 pitch on roof, in floor heating, HRV System, A/C Unit, Drywall & Paint & Windows. As for lighting I would go with perimeter LED Pot lighting and a real nice Canopy over the table switched separately.
      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        loads of us are!
        obviously our posts passed in the ether
        Here you go. Ill add some more once the concrete goes in.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm glad to see there is still enough room for the swing ball , good luck with it Shark, keep us up to date, like everyone else I'm very interested to see the different stages of the build.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by 147_shark View Post
            Here you go. Ill add some more once the concrete goes in.
            Holly S$&;t now that is a lot of digging. Your right defiantly no room for a mini excavator....LOL where did you put all the dirt? Keep us posted. I guess there is not much sense of putting windows on the sides. Do you not have any by laws on how close you can be to your property line? Over here if you build an out building over 100 sq.ft you have to be a minimum of 1 m from property line.

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
              Holly S$&;t now that is a lot of digging. Your right defiantly no room for a mini excavator....LOL where did you put all the dirt? Keep us posted. I guess there is not much sense of putting windows on the sides. Do you not have any by laws on how close you can be to your property line? Over here if you build an out building over 100 sq.ft you have to be a minimum of 1 m from property line.
              I am sure we have similar 1m away from property line for a structure over a certain height.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

From those pics it doesn't seem big enough . Photos are very deceptive though .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I think 2m from line and a certain ratio of house to garden

but below a certain height should be ok?

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/per...ings/miniguide
                  Last edited by DG GIBERT; 7 March 2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

hmm i fancy it got to calculate the cost of a divorce settlement first

Extension £20,000
                    Table £ 4,000

divorce £250,000

Comment

Well worth it
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

The dirt is wheel barrowed to a skip placed outside on my drive way. Up until now it has taken a total of 4 builder skips to empty all the dirt. No windows on the side just the front and back. The law here in uk permits all outbuilding development but with limitations. As i'm building within 2m of the boundary, the maximum height of the roof has to be no more than 2.5 meters. Also if you have sloped garden like mine, the 2.5 meters starts from lowest point as in the lower part of the slope.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          From those pics it doesn't seem big enough . Photos are very deceptive though .
                          Yes pictures are very deceptive. Even when i look from above, it doesn't seem so big.

Comment

I built my own room 24 x 24 a few years back, been great having a table to use when I feel without having to travel.
                            One thing to give a lot of thought to is floor covering, it can be a big part of the budget cause of the size but is also crucial to be comfortable and durable.
                            I have been asked many times what I used and I decided on engineered cork clik lok panels, the benefits are ease of install, warmth, cushioned feel so it's easy on your back, I can play for hours without issue and it's easy to clean. It is very durable unless you wear high heels it is also hypoallergenic.
                            I chose it over carpet because carpet will get dirty dusty and worn, hardwood is well hard and ceramic tile is cold and hard. There are laminates with foam backing that provide some cushioning but overall cork was the best of everything to me.
                            Oh if it's in your budget and your permit allows it put plumbing in, I hate having to run back in the house!
                            Good luck with the room.

Last edited by Tiger800; 7 March 2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Looks very nice Tiger, of course now for the obvious, more pictures please.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Tiger800 View Post
                                I built my own room 24 x 24 a few years back, been great having a table to use when I feel without having to travel.
                                One thing to give a lot of thought to is floor covering, it can be a big part of the budget cause of the size but is also crucial to be comfortable and durable.
                                I have been asked many times what I used and I decided on engineered cork clik lok panels, the benefits are ease of install, warmth, cushioned feel so it's easy on your back, I can play for hours without issue and it's easy to clean. It is very durable unless you wear high heels it is also hypoallergenic.
                                I chose it over carpet because carpet will get dirty dusty and worn, hardwood is well hard and ceramic tile is cold and hard. There are laminates with foam backing that provide some cushioning but overall cork was the best of everything to me.
                                Oh if it's in your budget and your permit allows it put plumbing in, I hate having to run back in the house!
                                Good luck with the room.

Nice looking room and that is one thing I never thought of using cork flooring. I built a custom home for some people a couple years ago and we put cork through the whole main floor and they love it. I have industrial grade carpet around mine and it is nice but the cork has me thinking....LOL
                                image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X