Enbild table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enbild table

Hi guys new to forum and looking for some advice. A mate and I just got ourselves an enbild 12x6 with 8 turned legs. We dismantled this ourselves which was fun until the slate was to be lifted ( bloody heavy for old codgers like us ) . I noticed when stripping it down that the cross bars through the middle of the table are held in with dowels and do not support the slate. If you were rebuilding it would you change this to support the slate or do we get away with it on this type of table because of the bulky slate being joined with brass dowels as they are slid together.

Forum has some great reading and enjoying the banter that goes on.

Look forward to some advice and more info on this table, how are they rated, how old and any other useful help would be appreciated.

Cheers Ricky

Enbild table

there is a member on TSF is or was an Enbild fitter so he should know.
    I hope he pops on
    I will also try to find his member-name in the mean time
    also if you can put some pictures of the table (legs, pockets, underneath,etc.) this will help identification.
    you can use Photobucket or such and copy the IMG code to display the photos in your post
    Last edited by DeanH; 22 March 2014, 09:36 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks Dean, sorry mate I don't have photo bucket, I will get down early this week coming and take some photos and check for identification marks, going to check it out to see what needs refurbished and to strip down the cushions to see how the rubbers are, getting a new cloth and balls for starters , just to decide on which cloth/ balls.
      Cheers Ricky

Comment

Enbild table

photobucket is free to register
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

[QUOTE=Ricky2112;763961]Hi guys new to forum and looking for some advice. A mate and I just got ourselves an enbild 12x6 with 8 turned legs. We dismantled this ourselves which was fun until the slate was to be lifted ( bloody heavy for old codgers like us ) . I noticed when stripping it down that the cross bars through the middle of the table are held in with dowels and do not support the slate. If you were rebuilding it would you change this to support the slate or do we get away with it on this type of table because of the bulky slate being joined with brass dowels as they are slid together.

Cheers Ricky

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

Take a look at this 8ft table which also had fixed Muntins , the dowels where sawn off and brackets fitted to make the muntins ( slate supports ) adjustable .
          You can make the brackets out of joist hangers from B&Q or DIY or builders yard , just drill a hole and weld a nut onto the joist hanger then put a bolt in , put a good penny washer on the underside of the muntin so as not to push the bolt into the wood .

http://gclbilliards.com/water-damage...able-brackets/

I have done this to many Snooker tables that have sagging slate , and for anyone thinking two inch slate will not sag if the under support is not touching , IT WILL !

I have worked on many Enbild tables in the 1980s and 90s as the firm I worked for where agents for them in the East Midlands , all have hand floated slates so are good slate wise , although they skimped on the underside of the wood on the cushions .
          they did the grand Duke and duchess which were very large turned legged tables

Geoff
          Last edited by Geoff Large; 22 March 2014, 10:03 PM.
          [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Thanks Geoff , great advice and great pics of what you are talking about. That is definitely the way we will go so the mutins support the slate.
            Been reading a lot of your post and some top info. I will take photos of the details on the table to find out exactly what model it is. I think once we have done a bit of work to it it's going to be a lovely table to play on.
            Geoff do you know how the enbild table pockets are cut compared to the new tables they play on today?

Thanks for that great bit of info

Cheer Ricky

Comment

It will not matter what table you had back in the 1980s they used to cutt rubber to a point back then .

the modern way of cutting rubber is to have a flat edge so as to continue the nose shape at the front of the cushion all the way to the rear of the curve of the pocket opening . but allowing for a little sanding off of the top and bottom edge to avoid premature cloth splitting.

Undercut from the lower flat edge and always sand the sharp rubber edge to avoid the cloth splitting . yes sharp rubber can cut through cloth

Some seem to think that there is no undercut on modern pockets , well there is . have a look at a set of steel cushions I did last year .

http://gclbilliards.com/re-rubber-of...-in-yorkshire/

Re-rubbering is not for the ametuer , get a qualified fitter in , same applies for setting up a table and re-covering it , it is easy to dismantle a table , but to set one up it is much more difficult , and you not only have to have the right tools but also the know how and experience .
              I have seen some shocking DIY recover and table set ups and re-rubbering , pay once , and get it done correct.
              Last edited by Geoff Large; 23 March 2014, 12:08 PM.
              [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Thanks Geoff, great advice and again fantastic demonstration on photos. We have not looked at the cut yet so it might have been done, will find out this week.
                Cheers Ricky

Comment

Working...
                X