Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shed size for pool table

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shed size for pool table

    Hi guys

    So I'm in the middle of buying a house with quite a large garden, money is a bit tight otherwise I would have either an extension build or a brick building at the bottom of the garden,one of my friends suggested getting a decent shed, the pool table won't be new so it won't spoil, realistically what size shed would I need to have comfortable room around the table?

    Any help would be great :-)
    Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

  • #2
    A would contact Geoff on hear he would sort you out with all that information and sizes

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you have his username so I can contact him? Hopefully he may see this and reply on here
      Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Shed size for pool table

        Geoff Large and he is on TSF
        also website gclbilliards
        table fitter of long experience
        Up the TSF!

        Comment


        • #5
          Most pool tables are 7ft by 4ft.

          A cue is around 5ft.

          7ft + 5ft either side is 17ft
          4ft + 5ft either side is 14ft

          17ft by 14ft would be the absolute minimum internal measurement.

          An extra foot or two on each measurement would be superb.
          Last edited by pottr; 19th April 2014, 09:13 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Was thinking 6x3 for the pool table as I would be limited by shed size, biggest I have seen is 12x8 was hoping that this size would be ok?
            Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Shed size for pool table

              for a 6x3 you still need minimum of 16x13
              but it would be best to get a pool table of 7x4 and at least 6ft around all sides
              so your measurement wont work nicely even for a small table
              there are larger shed sizes but as you probably have seen the price jumps up
              Up the TSF!

              Comment


              • #8
                Shed size for pool table

                just try to have a "shed" for a full size snooker table like I am
                Up the TSF!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Haha :-) wish I could afford it! I was just going to buy an old pub table probably off ebay and have it recovered but think the 'shed' cost may be beyond my budget :-(
                  Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pottr View Post
                    Most pool tables are 7ft by 4ft.

                    A cue is around 5ft.

                    7ft + 5ft either side is 17ft
                    4ft + 5ft either side is 14ft

                    17ft by 14ft would be the absolute minimum internal measurement.

                    An extra foot or two on each measurement would be superb.

                    The above is correct, except that the playing area on a 7ft English pool table is actually 6ft x 3ft inside the cushions. If you play with either a 4ft cue or say a 3/4 split cue and remove the butt for tight spot's e.g. the sides, then you can have a slightly smaller room overall.

                    My own pool room is 15.5 ft long by 11.5ft wide and I have a Simply Pool Tournament table in there.. (this has the larger 7ft slate e.g. 103cm, as opposed to the 99cm width slate found on Supreme and DPT tables..) and I still manage fine on the length and use a 4ft cue on the sides when the cue ball is on or near the cushion..) Still have many a great game and have done shed loads (excuse the pun!) of 8 ball clearances on it.

                    In terms of buying a pool table, I supply them also and have available a Supreme Winner 7ft x 4ft in Mahogany body due to be fully re-furbished and re-covered in top quality Hainsworth Smart cloth after the World Championship, and I offer UK wide delivery and installation.

                    p.m. me or email me to cueist132@gmail.com and include a contact number and your address / postcode for me to quote on delivery, if needed...

                    Cheers,

                    Dave - Snookerpoolman
                    Last edited by snookerpoolman; 19th April 2014, 11:23 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thos is quite correct. On a small table you don't need the same length of cue. My old catalogue quotes a size of 14' x 11' as needed for a 6' table, and 15' x 11' 6" for a 7'. Remember, though, that these are absolute minima.

                      Originally posted by snookerpoolman View Post
                      The above is correct, except that the playing area on a 7ft English pool table is actually 6ft x 3ft inside the cushions. If you play with either a 4ft cue or say a 3/4 split cue and remove the butt for tight spot's e.g. the sides, then you can have a slightly smaller room overall.

                      My own pool room is 15.5 ft long by 11.5ft wide and I have a Simply Pool Tournament table in there.. (this has the larger 7ft slate e.g. 103cm, as opposed to the 99cm width slate found on Supreme and DPT tables..) and I still manage fine on the length and use a 4ft cue on the sides when the cue ball is on or near the cushion..) Still have many a great game and have done shed loads (excuse the pun!) of 8 ball clearances on it.

                      In terms of buying a pool table, I supply them also and have available a Supreme Winner 7ft x 4ft in Mahogany body due to be fully re-furbished and re-covered in top quality Hainsworth Smart cloth after the World Championship, and I offer UK wide delivery and installation.

                      p.m. me or email me to cueist132@gmail.com and include a contact number and your address / postcode for me to quote on delivery, if needed...

                      Cheers,

                      Dave - Snookerpoolman
                      王可

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If space is tight then anything is better than nothing, but I think if you can you are far better to have enough space to play the whole game (or at least the vast majority of shots) with the same cue, I don't think it would help your consistency swapping cues every few shots, there is a big difference between a 48" cue and a normal full size cue and your stance and cuing action change if you are cramped. As above 14 X 11 would be about the very minimum and that's still a pretty big shed, ideally you would want 16 X 13 and you would be able to play with a full size cue on 7 foot table. I think you are best to practice on as near the same conditions as you would be playing matches on which would be a 7 foot table and your normal cue.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          what sort of budget are you working on I am also thinking of building/buying a potting shed and seen a few on ebay here the link to one of them.


                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16x12-HEAV...-/271447529294
                          Last edited by dave121260; 20th April 2014, 01:57 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't really have a budget as such but don't want to go into the thousands, looks like 17x14 is the minimum, might work out cheaper to build it myself?
                            Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by craigslater View Post
                              Don't really have a budget as such but don't want to go into the thousands, looks like 17x14 is the minimum, might work out cheaper to build it myself?
                              Here you go

                              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Concrete-S...item27e2952fff

                              Be quick it has to be shifted by May the 4th , these are £3.500 new .

                              just lag it out , you can permanently fix the front doors and leave segments out on the side and put a side door in , you would need a good base though , and a good 7.5 ton lorry to load it on .
                              Last edited by Geoff Large; 22nd April 2014, 12:01 AM.
                              [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X