My New BCE Westbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    From what I can tell from here Les is you have to get into a club and play more lads Mano e mano, excuse the spelling. You have to get used to playing folk who are trying to stop you scoring, playing your pals in bounce games , it's not worth a scoobie.
    Most of the guys that I play come to play a real game. I had a friend over today who also has a table at his place. I normally take him easy but not today lost three straight. I guess I have to take the bad days with the odd good one.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
      Most of the guys that I play come to play a real game. I had a friend over today who also has a table at his place. I normally take him easy but not today lost three straight. I guess I have to take the bad days with the odd good one.
      You don't need to go to the club Les you have everything you need at home, what you can't do on your table you won't do it on another table you are just lacking confidence that's all, it will come maybe not just yet could be another 6 months could be another a year but stick at it. start with some of the simple routines

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        You don't need to go to the club Les you have everything you need at home, what you can't do on your table you won't do it on another table you are just lacking confidence that's all, it will come maybe not just yet could be another 6 months could be another a year but stick at it. start with some of the simple routines
        Thanks Leo, as TD has told me in the past you have to walk before you run. Floyd is coming over today for a few games on my birthday. Looking forward to relaxing and just letting it happen.

Comment

• Happy birthday Les have a great day.
          My point was it's too comfortable playing friends, go and play some strangers, then it won't be a big occasion during matches.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Happy birthday Les have a great day.
            My point was it's too comfortable playing friends, go and play some strangers, then it won't be a big occasion during matches.
            Thanks, the problem around here we do not have clubs. Most of the room have eliminated the snooker tables.

Comment

Thanks, the problem around here we do not have clubs. Most of the room have eliminated the snooker tables.
              Your a builder Les - quote a phrase here -

Build it and they will come

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                Your a builder Les - quote a phrase here -

Build it and they will come
                Yes I have tossed it around a few times.

Comment

Yes I have tossed it around a few times.
                  Ain't we all Les

Comment

Fair point , I rekon if my club shut I would have to pack in, I don't know anywhere else to go.

Comment

Fair point , I rekon if my club shut I would have to pack in, I don't know anywhere else to go.
                      http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...idays+bulgaria
                      王可

Comment

Happy birthday Les have a great day.
                        Spent the day on my birthday playing Snooker with Floyd. He started by going through all the basics with me putting me through different drills. After a half hour of going through drills completing most of them first try he told me it is all mental and it is time to forget about missing and start telling yourself you are going make it. By the end of the day I was making more balls.

Comment

• good to hear les.

i was in your same exact spot. a sitter just would not go. so i read a book called the inner game of golf. and it struck me, what if i can make my subconscious take over while playing snooker? the same way it would take over when i'm driving a car while listening to a hot jam on the radio.

sometimes i'm thinking about stuff other than driving, but my body seems to do the reflexes it needs to drive and reach wherever i wanna go, more like an auto pilot.

so i've tried a couple of things. one seems to work for me was watching a brilliant break by someone on you tube(my choice: Ronnie 147 Vs M.Williams 2008) and play some music i like in the background, that i know i'm humming when i'm feeling good or happy or in other words, IN THE ZONE.

ofcourse if you master the in the zone status, you will do better and play your best snooker, but you need to practice as well, this way your subconscious falls back to muscle memory, if you have a good basic skills and technique then you have an auto pilot with a solid set of basic skills.

you would wonder that in that zone you were cueing like a Pro.

i know that because i have beaten the 2 most ranked snooker players in my country back to back. 3-0 and 3-1 with two century breaks.

hope this helps.

Jeff
                          Last edited by drjef28; 18 December 2014, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Ha! Would take a fair bit of my day there and back on the bus Philip.

Comment

Spent the day on my birthday playing Snooker with Floyd. He started by going through all the basics with me putting me through different drills. After a half hour of going through drills completing most of them first try he told me it is all mental and it is time to forget about missing and start telling yourself you are going make it. By the end of the day I was making more balls.
                              Sounds like a perfect day Les, I think at our standard we can be too hard on ourselves sometimes, but I think it's because we want to be better so much.

Comment

• Originally Posted by drjef28 View Post
                                good to hear les.

i was in your same exact spot. a sitter just would not go. so i read a book called the inner game of golf. and it struck me, what if i can make my subconscious take over while playing snooker? the same way it would take over when i'm driving a car while listening to a hot jam on the radio.

sometimes i'm thinking about stuff other than driving, but my body seems to do the reflexes it needs to drive and reach wherever i wanna go, more like an auto pilot.

so i've tried a couple of things. one seems to work for me was watching a brilliant break by someone on you tube(my choice: Ronnie 147 Vs M.Williams 2008) and play some music i like in the background, that i know i'm humming when i'm feeling good or happy or in other words, IN THE ZONE.

ofcourse if you master the in the zone status, you will do better and play your best snooker, but you need to practice as well, this way your subconscious falls back to muscle memory, if you have a good basic skills and technique then you have an auto pilot with a solid set of basic skills.

you would wonder that in that zone you were cueing like a Pro.

i know that because i have beaten the 2 most ranked snooker players in my country back to back. 3-0 and 3-1 with two century breaks.

hope this helps.

Jeff
                                That is interesting, I actually bought the Snooker Hypnosis CD from Nic Barrow (The Snooker Gym) it works on the same theory. Just have to find time to stick with it. 6 days on one day off.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Ha! Would take a fair bit of my day there and back on the bus Philip.
                                I know you have to make time.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Sounds like a perfect day Les, I think at our standard we can be too hard on ourselves sometimes, but I think it's because we want to be better so much.
                                I agree with that. The more you get down on yourself the worse it gets.

Just to bring you up to speed My table is fantastic, plays great and is really fast. Heaters are keeping the slate right around 23 degree Celsius.

Comment

Working...
                                X