Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker table making

Hi everyone,

One day I have decided to make a snooker table. I searched the internet but I didn't find any plans or anything that could help me to make a table. So I am asking if anybody has any plans or anything that could help me to make a table.

Thank you for answers.

Cheers

Originally Posted by tozo10 View Post
    Hi everyone,

One day I have decided to make a snooker table. I searched the internet but I didn't find any plans or anything that could help me to make a table. So I am asking if anybody has any plans or anything that could help me to make a table.

Thank you for answers.

Cheers
    Wow, I take my hat off to you if you are really going to make a table. Maybe Geoff Large can help you on here?

Comment

You can buy tables cheaper than it would be to make them, and they would be right, what's the point ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        You can buy tables cheaper than it would be to make them, and they would be right, what's the point ?
        I was offered a table for free, just to move it.

Comment

You see plenty of nice old tables going cheap simply because very few people want them or have the room to accommodate them. I think it would cost a small fortune to get that kind of quality of wood to make a new table. If your looking for a project would you not be better buying an old table and refurbishing it back to new condition.

Comment

where do you live?
            obviously shipping of an old table can be very expensive but as has been said you can find an old one quite cheap nowadays - I am sure Geoff Large and Maryfield can assist with sourcing and shipping, etc.

then you can refurb it yourself, see what LEs did in Canada not that long ago
            http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...w-BCE-Westbury
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Where's he gonna get the slates from even if he makes the base?!

Comment

he may be thinking of making a 6ft table

Comment

Too many tables going for free or low cost to even bother making a full sized table

and also plenty of 6fts around on ebay slate bed going for low price too

I have only known one guy who was not a billiards fitter , that made his own full sized table , he lived in an old mill at the side of the river in Derby and had his own woodwork shop , he got myself in to re-rubber and cover the table , but he did everything else himself .

I must have scrapped half a dozen tables last year for people who just wanted rid of them

I know a private seller at the moment in Naseby Leicestershire who has a full size table for just £250
                  http://gclbilliards.com/full-size-sn...or-collection/

so with tables like this about why make one ?
                  [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                    so with tables like this about why make one ?
                    Sounds like a great project if he wants to make his OWN table.

I am sure you can buy one to restore but if he wants to make his very own and is happy to pay what it costs for materials and time then go for it.

My girlfriend makes her own dresses and knits jumpers and scarfs. She can buy similar for a lot less than it costs her to make her own (if you include the time involved) but it makes her happy. I also have a friend that makes his own guitars and he is happy as Larry. Gets so much enjoyment from each project. Even the ones that don't turn out exactly as planned.

Each to their own. If you have the skills and enjoy it then saving money or time is not the issue.
                    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

nice table on ebay just needs some work on it lol http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burroughs-...item2a4dffac07

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                        nice table on ebay just needs some work on it lol http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burroughs-...item2a4dffac07
                        I am sure I have played on worse
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                        X