Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hainsworth Precision/ Strachan 6811

Evening.

I've recently had a re-cover which I changed a very good condition 6811 to a Hainsworth Precision and must say probably one of the best decisions I've ever made, was very reluctant to do so considering 6811 is the most popular cloth available.

Anyway the fitter arrived and was shocked I was having the table re-clothed especially as the 6811 still had another 2 year left may be more, I'm the only one who plays on it, but he went along and changed it but was also very reluctant to due to the thin cloth of the Hainsworth but in the end he said it went on lovely.

Excited as I was I waited until the next day and my word what a cloth this is, never played on anything so responsive and quick, you'll never go back to a 6811 again if you play on one of these.
    My advice to anyone who is thinking of changing their cloth please if you get the chance play on one of these cloths it will sharpen your game up like you won't believe and will make Snooker 10 times better.

If anyone is interested in my old cloth please feel free to PM me.

Told you all so!
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Told you all so!
      Yes Terry completely different game altogether, absolutely beautiful cloth to play on.

Comment

I still have the Strachan 6811 Tournament Gold up for grabs if anyone would like it. It's around 10 months old and only been used by myself.

Collection Free to a good home.

Sorry but this is collection only I am afraid.
        Last edited by Triedandtested; 4 October 2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Could you PM me your price and address so I can figure out the shipping costs. Cheers, I am playing with a Hainsworth smart, its well used, plays very quick now, but will need changing soon. Cheers
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

also what did you use to make your marks on the cloth, I dont want to have to match the markings on the table when replacing. Cheers,
            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Precision is an excellent cloth but VERY hard to get here in Australia and the suppliers that do have it/or can get it want a fortune for it.

Can i ask what you paid for the cloth or what it is going for in the UK? As prices here are all over the place and nothing is ever listed with the " Enquire for price " option always there but they never get back to you.

I am trying to source it myself to save some money hopefully!
              If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
                Precision is an excellent cloth but VERY hard to get here in Australia and the suppliers that do have it/or can get it want a fortune for it.

Can i ask what you paid for the cloth or what it is going for in the UK? As prices here are all over the place and nothing is ever listed with the " Enquire for price " option always there but they never get back to you.

I am trying to source it myself to save some money hopefully!
                Hi chappy,

I paid £241 delivered for the Hainsworth Precision straight from Hainsworth themselves but through another source. It's normally around £450 for the Precision.

I've had the Hainsworth Smart before on my old table and found it really slow where you really had to put a lot of work into your shots.

Comment

We have both type in the club here....
                  My 1st choice is always Hainsworth unless occupied..... cause only 2 tables out of 11 tables are Hainsworth. Others are 6811....

Comment

Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
                    Hi chappy,

I paid £241 delivered for the Hainsworth Precision straight from Hainsworth themselves but through another source. It's normally around £450 for the Precision.

I've had the Hainsworth Smart before on my old table and found it really slow where you really had to put a lot of work into your shots.

No probs and cheers mate.
                    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Working...
                    X