Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: original "BCE" pocket leathers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wanted: original "BCE" pocket leathers

    Hi all,


    For my refurbished table i'm looking for a set of original BCE pocket leathers.
    I've send a mail to the following suppliers but didn't get any answers, even after sending the mails multiple times.
    Baizecraft / Gareth, many mails, only 1 answer but after this no more replies....

    Clubking: out of stock...
    Via Germany; Riley.de: mailed them to order but no answer...
    http://rileysnooker.de/product_info....ket-leder.html

    So anyone who can help me out please for a original set of BCE pocket leathers?

    Thanks!
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Originally posted by aledubpe View Post
    Hi all,


    For my refurbished table i'm looking for a set of original BCE pocket leathers.
    I've send a mail to the following suppliers but didn't get any answers, even after sending the mails multiple times.
    Baizecraft / Gareth, many mails, only 1 answer but after this no more replies....

    Clubking: out of stock...
    Via Germany; Riley.de: mailed them to order but no answer...
    http://rileysnooker.de/product_info....ket-leder.html

    So anyone who can help me out please for a original set of BCE pocket leathers?

    Thanks!
    I think this might help you. They show out of stock but give them a call. They looked right after me.
    http://clubking.co.uk/products.php?product_id=866

    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Less,

      Thanks but the bce leathers at Clubking are out of stock. I mailed them and they confirmed this.
      After all, i managed to get a set from Baizecraft. Gareth mailed after some days that there has been some delay in answering mails but he will send them in a few days.

      Comment


      • #4
        You say you want original, but I don't think these are original - they have a BCE stamp on them and the ears that fit over the plates, but i don't think they are authentic like the leathers that would have been made for the original tables. Westburys had a darker coloured leather, without the name plastered all over it. These leathers that you are looking for are a lot lighter in colour than the 'originals'. They are also very expensive for what they are. I prefer the standard extra extra broad bow leathers, but they do need cutting to size. You can have them stained as well, if you want the darker look.

        What do you have currently?

        Comment


        • #5
          I think we went down this line some time ago. I seem to remember my late father telling me that ammonia darkens leather.
          王可

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by philip in china View Post
            I think we went down this line some time ago. I seem to remember my late father telling me that ammonia darkens leather.
            Who wants them dark. Much easier lining up to bright pocket then a dark pocket.
            " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
            " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
            http://www.ontariosnooker.club

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bricktip View Post
              You say you want original, but I don't think these are original - they have a BCE stamp on them and the ears that fit over the plates, but i don't think they are authentic like the leathers that would have been made for the original tables. Westburys had a darker coloured leather, without the name plastered all over it. These leathers that you are looking for are a lot lighter in colour than the 'originals'. They are also very expensive for what they are. I prefer the standard extra extra broad bow leathers, but they do need cutting to size. You can have them stained as well, if you want the darker look.

              What do you have currently?

              Currently i have some very old and worn out leathers...
              Just like Les mentioned, i also think it would be much easier lining up with the bright coloured leathers.
              I paid 84 gbp for the original BCE leathers which i ordered via Baizecraft. For me it's worth the extra money, no problems with that.

              Comment


              • #8
                I can't pretend that the colour of the leathers matters to me either, but it clearly does to some people.
                王可

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi I have them in stock. They are brown-red and have a bce stamp in them. Also 2 holes to put the brass ends in.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X