Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log cabin extension for a full size snooker table

Hi all,

At first, in 2010 i've build a log cabin for my 9 ft pooltable. After some years however i changed to snooker and ended up buying a 10 ft snookertable in 2013.
    The original log cabin was actually not big enough to accommodate a 10 ft snooker and surely not for a 12 ft snooker so i decided to extented the log cabin bij 2 meter and ordered an extra log cabin that would fit against the old cabin.

Original size internal was 5.64 x 5.00 meter.
    After the extension it will be5.64 x 7.00 meter.
    The walls are 70 mm thick so no insulation needed for the walls.

For those members who would like to see some pics of my project...
    More pics will follow during the process.

Alex
    Attached Files

Nice ......keep us updated .

Are you putting the 10ft table in ? or have you bought a 12 ft ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I've sold the 10 ft 2 months ago (a chinese knock off Karnehm&Hillmann table but still sold it for 1000 euro so pretty good deal )
      I bought a full size BCE Westbury Clifton table.
      Did a full refurbishment myself while i was in the waiting process (+ 3 months...) for the cabin extension. I will post some pics later.

Comment

Excellent . 12ft the way to go
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Proper solid log cabin that , how are you heating it .

Comment

I have a big 5 kW natural gas wall mounted heater to heat up the place. Very effective and in wintertime it will heat up the room in just 15 minutes.

The roof insulation is also very effective for keeping the heat inside. Door and windows are also double glazed, not the same quality as double glazed modern house windows but still at a good standard.

Comment

Cabin completed with the old door and windows at their new position.
              P1060291.jpg

Comment

Can you show us the inside when you get set up Aledubpe, or even as you go along ,it's nice to see before and after pics. Looks good.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                  Proper solid log cabin that , how are you heating it .
                  P1060341- gas heater.jpg
                  £This is the heater that heats up the place. Very effective!

Comment

Looks great , I've got no wall space left so have to use a oil filled radiator with climate control , has the movement of logs between seasons settled down now , mine was two years of adjusting the door frame to allow for shrinkage , it must have been 30mm at first but now down to about 10mm between seasons , I had to develop sliding hangers for wall units so as not to restict movement of logs .

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                      Looks great , I've got no wall space left so have to use a oil filled radiator with climate control , has the movement of logs between seasons settled down now , mine was two years of adjusting the door frame to allow for shrinkage , it must have been 30mm at first but now down to about 10mm between seasons , I had to develop sliding hangers for wall units so as not to restict movement of logs .
                      Because my log cabin has walls 70 mm thick, there's very little movement of logs between the seasons.
                      Do you have some photo's from your log cabin?

Comment

Originally Posted by aledubpe View Post
                        Because my log cabin has walls 70 mm thick, there's very little movement of logs between the seasons.
                        Do you have some photo's from your log cabin?
                        aledubpe is 70mm the total thickness of your insulation?

Comment

No, the 70 mm is the thickness for the log walls.
                          The walls themselves are not insulated, only the roof is insulated with 40 mm UPS insulation.
                          Thickness of the walls is good enough to keep the heat inside without extra insulation.

Comment

Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
                            aledubpe is 70mm the total thickness of your insulation?
                            Ok Thank you.

I built my own potting shed last year and put stud work up on the interior walls to allow 120mm & 100mm on the ceiling. I've also got no windows just French doors.

Comment

Log cabin extension for a full size snooker table

I converted a large garage (23ft x 22ft) earlier this year. Get the odd issue when it rains heavy due to over hanging trees and still looking for a heater to keep regulate temperature. Wish I could work out how to share a pic via mobile app

Comment

Working...
                              X