BCE Westbury name plate image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCE Westbury name plate image

Hi all, just joined up. I've just bought a BCE Westbury steel block table without the name plates at either end. In the olden days these just had the letters B.C.E in black on a brass plate/sticker. I cannot find any of these so I will have to make my own. Does anyone out there have a BCE table with this type of name plate? I would really appreciate it if any of you guys can help me out with a good quality photo of the name plate so I can get the font right and make a pair for my table. I don't need the Westbury plate image, just the BCE version if possible. If you YouTube Alex Higgins 1982 table, you will see it at the end of that table.

Many thanks in advance

It seems unlikely that anyone has that badge with no responses so another option would be - does anyone know a snooker club that has a BCE table with that BCE badge? I just need a photo of one close up so if anyone knows of a club, please let me know

Comment

the only images I have are for Westbury and Clifton, not the plain plate you describe, soz
      when you do find one let me know as well pls
      question though, if you have a Westbury table why don't you want a Westbury plate?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Remember in the 80s you only seen the B.C.E plate at the black spot end, this is what to create. I will also create the Westbury plate at the other end but I already have a good photo of that plate. Apparently the tables used to have B.C.E at one end and Westbury at the other.

Comment

ah I see
          good luck, hopefully a table fitter type person may be able to help

as I was typing that I had a thought and found this
          http://gclbilliards.com/bce-westbury...r-sale-offers/
          obviously a beautifully high-res image that you can use :wink:
          Last edited by DeanH; 2 April 2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Yeah Ive seen that one. Just could do with a good close up of the plate on its own

Comment

maybe contact Geoff through his site and ask him
              maybe the owners will be kind enough to help out - you never know without asking
              Geoff is on TSF as well

Comment

Job done, I've got a good enough image in a book I got from Frank Callan years ago and it has quite a good close up of a Westbury in it. The font shows quite well so I should be able to create from this.

Comment

If you want the real thing, World Snooker Services in Bristol might have the badges if you don't mind paying about 30 quid.

I'm curious how you intend to go about making this plate, because i never got the badge for my refurbed Westbury and that B.C.E badge is iconic. I'm not really interested in the Westbury end, only the B.C.E end.

Comment

Hi, World snooker services say they have none. I will get a brushed brass plate, apply a cut vinyl sticker design and sandblast the design into the plate slightly (helps paint grab brass) . Then spray the text black and remove the vinyl template.

Comment

I spoke to a table fitter last week and he said the originals were so flimsy, almost made like a transfer so it was hard to remove one and use it again so going down the brass plate route seems more of an option to me.

Comment

BCE Westbury name plate image

let us see photos as you go
                        good luck

Comment

Yeah will do, it may be a while as I've just bought the table and won't need erecting until early next year.

Comment

Sent you some photo's of some I found on a table today by email to you

but just in case I have added one to this tables post on my web site
                            http://gclbilliards.com/bce-westbury...r-sale-offers/

Geoff
                            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Cheers again Geoff. I just got the email so many thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X