No announcement yet.

Table refurbishment from a DIY perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure that can be made to work. Heavy is good!
    王可

Comment

I keep finding things to do!
      Managed to build in the adjustable legs. Large drill bit, some M10 nuts, plenty of epoxy and the original feet from the table.

But that's not all!
      Added a couple of hooks to the legs for cues & rests. And to come this weekend, a shelf to go between the legs for the balls, triangles etc

Comment

Shelf between the legs, for the balls. Very good idea.
        王可

Comment

Found this a very interesting read and it sounds like we’ve shared some very similar experiences in trying to revive a smaller table with something of a history, not to mention the hurty fingers!

My table is a bit of an old budget unit in that most of the wood is actually veneered chipboard but it had damage similar the bits and pieces you discovered which involved very similar remedy. The pocket rails were bent and twisted from somebody manhandling the whole unit and were also corroded (not actually brass) so I had to spend ages straightening them, then filing down and gradually cutting back to something like smooth with emery/ cutting paste, pretty good final result though.

Looks like the retro-fit table legs worked out great and those adjustable feet no doubt made levelling so much easier.

Interesting also to read the comments from the fitters about working on 6ft tables – I was talking the effort estimates over with my son and we reckoned our table would have taken a pro about 2 full working days with all the gear and enough experience to know what to do when you hit the snags so you can certainly see how the costs would be prohibitive.

I think the tan cloth actually looks very good with the snooker balls – I see you’re playing with full sizers, we’ve reverted to 1 7/8” units on ours as the table was a bit busy with the bug uns, and our pockets are only about ~65mm wide so potting was a bit of a challenge too far!

Nice job.
          Princepugh

Comment

Working...
          X